Post by cherokhe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Hello
I am new OpenCart user.First I should say the system is great for
I like you and me the biggest problem Multi-Currency..
When I add my products ,I can only use one currency.
I am working with a variety of currency products

For Example ;

My default currency USD

X Product 100 USD no problem but Y Product 150 EURO

change their exchange rates very important ring

I want to be a multi-currency support OpenCart Module

If you make such a module by OpenCart Team or Other Programmer
having done a job very different from other shopping system will be

I have been waiting impatiently for your assistance in this unique
Good Works

www.teknodia.com
www.ensonbu.com

Post by kirk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:11 pm

any update on this?
I'm also waiting for this exactly feature. together with the multi-currency module It would also be nice to have an extra field to enter either percentage or fixed exchange adjustment fee.

thank you
Kirk

Post by Qphoria » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:29 am

I don't really understand this.
Currency doesn't affect individual products normally. It affects who is shopping. If I am from USA and visit your site, I want to know what it will cost me in USD. The same for people in EU that use EUR.

I am not going to buy Product A with 100 USD and then open an account in Europe and buy Product B with my EUR account.

You setup currencies based on what country is visiting you. All you need to do is choose your default currency and set that to exchange rate 1.00000
All other currencies are auto-updated daily when visiting the Admin dashboard. They always follow the 1.000 rate for their exchanges.

So a 100 USD product will show up as a 77 EUR item when people from europe are shopping your site. You still make the same amount of money. It is meant for the customer to know

Administrator

Post by kirk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm

@ Qphoria,
there is an increasing number of dropsshipping ecommerce and these are the one that require this feature the most. This kind of e-shop usually sell only in the country where they are present and tend to buy from different suppliers in different country, (mostly US, TW, CN, etc)

Does it make more sense to you now.

Kirk

PS since Opencart can already deal with different currency extending this feat. to every single product shouldn't bee to difficult from a coding point of view.

Post by kirk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:00 pm

cherokhe wrote: If you make such a module by OpenCart Team or Other Programmer
having done a job very different from other shopping system will be
I have been waiting impatiently for your assistance in this unique
Good Works
On another note, cherokhe just for your information Virtuemart handles multi-currency very well natively. (from experience)
Of course Virtuemart is much more than an simple e-commerce system thanks to joomla therefore you have to make the call and decide the way to go.
I used and I'll use VM for those projects were I need also a CMS. For a simple and straight forward e-commerce system i'm trying OC which in my opinion should suit better than VM.

kirk

Post by ocmodify » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi there! Maybe, you can use my extension?

OcSEO Plus: One click solution - make OpenCart store fully SEO friendly in one click!
Multi Currency PRO - Products with currency selection.
Checkout PRO - Defferable payments after checkout.