Post by Cleo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:20 am

Good morning,

My web site has been working without any problem and suddenly this morning it's not possible to request a shipping cost or to checkout, I am getting this error and I have no idea what happen!

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementsByTagName() on null in /home/*****/public_html/catalog/model/shipping/canada_post.php on line 424
Line 424 is this one:

if ($eparcel->getElementsByTagName('error')->item(0)) {
Does anyone know what it mean please?

I know that Canada Post has a scheduled maintenance starting last night until this morning so I am wondering if this can be related. And getting an answer from Canada Post well you need to be really patient.

Regards,

Cleo
Last edited by Cleo on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0
PHP: 7.3 (ea-php73)

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:30 am

It means "$eparcel" is null, which in turn probably means whatever is setting it isn't working.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Cleo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:33 am

Hum.. I don't understand exactly what you mean, it was working ok until this morning. :(

In the debub.txt file I get this:

2021-03-21 12:25:08 - CANADAPOST CURL DATA RECV: <html>
<head><title>405 Not Allowed</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>405 Not Allowed</h1></center>
</body>
</html>
Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am

Cleo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:33 am
Hum.. I don't understand exactly what you mean, it was working ok until this morning. :(

In the debub.txt file I get this:

2021-03-21 12:25:08 - CANADAPOST CURL DATA RECV: <html>
<head><title>405 Not Allowed</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>405 Not Allowed</h1></center>
</body>
</html>
Regards,

Cleo
Did they turn off "http" as a valid URL?
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 am

Cue4cheap wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am

Did they turn off "http" as a valid URL?
Mike
Also what extension are you using for Canadian post?

Mike

Expert Member

Post by Cleo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:11 am

I am using the one I bought from qphoria few years ago and it was working ok until this morning (or maybe last night)

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:13 am

Cleo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:11 am
I am using the one I bought from qphoria few years ago and it was working ok until this morning (or maybe last night)

Cleo
Contact him then. I would bet you they turned off "http" and only allow "https" so the code would need to be updated. OR you could look into the model file to see if you can find the line. I can't because if it is a paid extension I don't have access to the code.

Mike

Expert Member

Post by Cleo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:21 am

Ok I think I have no choice but since the extension was bought many years ago I don't think he will accept to help :(

I have posted 2 reply that didn't work here.
Looks like they move the sellonline site to a new address last night, so I wonder if it can be related?

We use to log at this address:
sellonline.canadapost.ca/servlet/LogonServlet

And since this morning they moved it to:
sellonline-cybervente.canadapost-postescanada.ca/servlet/logon-ouverturesession?locale=0

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:26 am

Cleo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:21 am
Ok I think I have no choice but since the extension was bought many years ago I don't think he will accept to help :(

I have posted 2 reply that didn't work here.
Looks like they move the sellonline site to a new address last night, so I wonder if it can be related?

We use to log at this address:
sellonline.canadapost.ca/servlet/LogonServlet

And since this morning they moved it to:
sellonline-cybervente.canadapost-postescanada.ca/servlet/logon-ouverturesession?locale=0

Cleo
He usually helps without any issues. You might try and go to the extensions page and contacting him there.
BUT BUT BUT if they changed the URL and the module doesn't have an option to make the change in the admin side look in the model file and see if you can find that "sellonline.canadapost.ca/servlet/LogonServlet" URL and update it. Try "sellonline-cybervente.canadapost-postescanada.ca/servlet" first.
AND if it is a http versus https issue maybe "https://sellonline-cybervente.canadapos ... ca/servlet"

I would try Q first though otherwise you are going to be trial and error.
Mike

Expert Member

Post by Cleo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:29 am

Thank you very much for your help, I will try that and if it doesn't work then I will try to contact him, because all the others who are using the same extension will have the same problem I believe!

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cleo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 am

Well I tried to ask him on his site and also on the extensions page and as I thought I didn't get an answer, I also asked if I bought an upgrade if it would fix the problem but still no answer.

So I didn't take the chance of buying an extension that wouldn't work anymore and I bought from another programmer. At least this one works without a problem.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cue4cheap » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:42 am

Cleo wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 am
Well I tried to ask him on his site and also on the extensions page and as I thought I didn't get an answer, I also asked if I bought an upgrade if it would fix the problem but still no answer.

So I didn't take the chance of buying an extension that wouldn't work anymore and I bought from another programmer. At least this one works without a problem.

Regards,

Cleo
Interesting. Sorry it wasn't resolved through him. I am surprised of the no response though.
Glad it is resolved.
Mike

Expert Member

Post by Cleo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 am

There could be many reason why, maybe he is too busy, have other things to do, or because I bought the extension many years ago I don't know and waiting for an answer from Canada Post takes about a year so...

Since I didn't want to leave my store on maintenance mode for too long I thought that it was easier to buy a new extension that use the API instead and make sure I would have answers if need too and go ahead and stop bothering people.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cleo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:15 am

@cue4cheap

On the Canada Post programmer's forum they don't want to answer us the user of the old shipping system and always tell us to email the sell_online service, but Sunday morning I did post there anyway and ask if at least they could tell me what the #405 error meant, and they still gave the same answer: email sell_online.....

So I called the sell_online department and made a complaint about the fact that they didn't advise us that some changes would be done and that no one can answer our question.

We were a few users asking about the same problem on the forum, and a few minutes ago I went to the CP programmer's forum again and finallly one of the admin post a reply to my message and said that one of his partner just told him that a fix was done today!

So I re-install my old extension to try it and it is true they did make a fix! So now I am the owner of two shipping extension.

At least if there is another problem in the future I can always switch to the one I just bought.

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by TRB » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 am

How can one reinstall the extension? Think I have the same issue. I'm not a developer, just use an older version of Open Cart. The site was built many years ago for me. UPS stopped working over the weekend.

TRB

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:37 am

TRB wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 am
How can one reinstall the extension? Think I have the same issue. I'm not a developer, just use an older version of Open Cart. The site was built many years ago for me. UPS stopped working over the weekend.
For UPS see: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... s.php#L201
Mike

Expert Member