Post by Moggin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:16 am

glolar wrote:Just an FYI for anyone following this thread. I just purchased a new Win7 64-bit PC, and OpenCart installs and works perfectly on this new machine. Maybe a graphics driver problem on the old machine, but I don't have any more time to worry aboutit. By the way, XAMPP works on this Win7 64-bit PC too, despite this OS not being listed in their "supported" list.

Thanks everyone.
Excellent news GloLar.
It's true about XAMPP: I found all sorts of workarounds for getting it to work in Win7 64 bit, and found it just worked anyway :D

Post by swilla » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:15 am

Does anyone have a fix for this instead of deleting a directory? I don't think it is a corrupted file. When I go to the actual ajax page that retrieves the images. I'm getting an empty json array:

[]

Here is the URL:

/admin/index.php?route=common/filemanager/directory&token=07f83712d83b5338fb14aaebf42e90a8

I looked at the different versions of this page and haven't been able to find any differences. This problem started happening for me after I upgraded from OpenCart v1.4.9.2 to OpenCart v1.4.9.3

Post by swilla » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:37 am

I did some more searching and I found that if you go to the URL manually it loads the images in the dialog, just not when you load it on an actual product page in the admin.

Here is the link that shows the filemanager working:

[domain.com]/admin/index.php?route=common/filemanager/index&token=07f83712d83b5338fb14aaebf42e90a8

Post by fab26x » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello fellow friends.

I just encountered the same issue and discovered the problem was 1 image with an error. While looking into the files inside the data folder, I found ONE image which it's file size was ZERO. Once I deleted that image, everything was back to normal. I believe it's just en error caused while uploading any image. Thus, corrupting the image file and breaking the little nice image editor.

Solution;

Delete whichever image that shows size ZERO, or ..... looks like could be corrupted.

Enjoy.

Post by mberlant » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 pm

As several people have mentioned in this and other threads, every time I have bumped into this problem it has been due to having uploaded a corrupt image (usually a .png). And, every time it has been the last image uploaded before the failure (Which makes sense, doesn't it?).

Whenever this happens I go into the images folder using my FTP client and delete the image with the most recent time stamp. Magically, the gallery returns to view.

Good luck.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by merrydukaan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks a tonne! A corrupt image file it is! Symptoms: Different file size than the original OR no preview/thumbnail in explorer

>> search before you post and [solved] when solved
>>Opencart v1.5.1.3, php 5.1.6, Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

Post by robbied99 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi All

Been ages since I posted. I'm back working on an OC project. I've been plagued with the blank image manager issue as well. After trying everything I just found something that works

What didn't work
- deleting folders
- resetting folder permissions
- pulling hair out

What did work
-this thread
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 70#p489787

Just in case it disappears

To solve the image manager blank icons problem correct in system\helper\utf8.php (OC 1.5.6.2)

change:

Code: Select all

function utf8_substr($string, $offset, $length = null) {
      return mb_substr($string, $offset, $length);
   }

to:

Code: Select all

function utf8_substr($string, $offset, $length = null) {
      if ($length === null) {
         return mb_substr($string, $offset, utf8_strlen($string));
      } else {
         return mb_substr($string, $offset, $length);
      }
   }
* sorry to paste the code again, but don't you love it when someone says 'hey the answer is here' and the link is broken...

So glad I got this fixed... thank you to all who have contributed to this topic.

Rob

Post by vinaysingh43 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Lao wrote:I still can't delete image/cache/data folder, altough I deleted image/data folder. Can't change permission to data folder. Any solution?

I'm trying to delete category images, I don't want categories to have images.

I see You Website I can Fix this