Post by jeroenzelle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Hello,

Just installed OpenCart.

When I want to save the general store and the local settings, it doesn't save it.

It keeps on returning back to the default settings.

Can someone help me with it?

Post by Adrian » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:26 pm

I have the same problem.
Solution anybody?
I use the latest version 1.2.8 of OpenCart and for some reason no changes in Admin/configuration/settings are saved.
Maybe some problem of write access on the server?
How can this be clarified?

Post by ascintd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi guys, i've seen the same problem on changing the default store values,
i've installed the spanish opencart version 1.2.8.
The only way right now until i explore the code, is to make the changes directly on
the database on the table 'settings'.
The file that contains the default data on the form to change setting on the admin
is 'setting.tpl' but i don't know where is the sql code that updates the table..
i'll keep going on my research.

'The db structure is practically the same as oscommerce.'

Post by ascintd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 am

Hi again, on waiting on new release i've found this on changing the store settings and fixed.

I've found in admin\controller\setting\setting.php
on line 12 if (($this->request->server['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST') && ($this->validate())) {
on running time is not getting into that if clause but if removed $this->valdiate() the setting data is changing fine on the database.

And also in Opencart 1.2.8 Spanish Pack i've fixed a problem with the NIF/VAT number, on database is not created the key config_nif on table 'setting' and not defined $error_nif and $entry_nif by default on the first installation. I've createad de definitons and the value on database and works fine.

Kind Regards

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:59 am

The problem appears to be that a required field is not being populated, but its not showing the error.. or most likely it's showing an error on one of the fields on another tab where you don't initially see it. Be sure to check each tab when you save if you don't see the "success" message. I thought it was supposed to show an error message at the top and the specific error under the field

Administrator

Post by ascintd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:05 am

Yes, i think so.

Maybe, the error is on the meta tag description cos i'm making changes on that field and allways throws an error message, i suppose that $this-validate() check all fields on the setting form, but until i check that field i will work whithout validate function.

Kind Regards.

Post by dolpaz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello Guys,

I really need your expertise and ideas in solving these two challenges that have been rocking me.

I changed/moved my files from one hosting to another and these challenges ensued afterwards.

I noticed when I change anything under the settings panel of the admin page, The page does not get saved, instead, the page is refreshed.

Everything I updated has been manually using a database hack. I dont want this to continue, hence the reason why I am reaching out to you guys. Please, what could be wrong and how do I get out of these mess.

Secondly, I noticed the emails are not working anymore. either via the contact page, or if a customer place an order. It's simply not sending any mail to the customer. I tried using SMTP protocol but I get this message when an email is sent:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 153Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to :25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 153Notice: Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 156

Please, help me !!!

Am on OC (Version 1.5.6.4)

Thanks as you help !