Post by Alexisander » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Hello all!

If someone can light my way please do it, i have some questions.

In product form, in admin, we have this fields:

Meta Tag Description
Meta Tag Keywords
Product Tags

I am not sure but please someone tell me, what text should be in which one and how it should look (text format, comas, uppercase or lowercase, from where to take the informations and generate it in this 3 fields)?

Thank you very much!

Post by labeshops » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 am

Meta tag description is the short paragraph that shows on search engines when your link is shown so think of it as a short marketing message - why should someone click on your link to view that item? What is special, unique, etc? Should be a short paragraph of the key features of your product. I also use them under my product title on my product pages.

Meta tag keywords will get you a lot of arguments from people saying they are useless so skip them, but while google doesn't give them much relevance these days, some search engines still use them so I say you should still include a few. They are the keywords that describe your product. You can do some research on keywords to see what your product is being search for. This should be a list of single words or short phrases separated by commas.

Tags are separated by commas and 1 or 2 word phrases that can be clicked on by customers to show other items with the same tags. I make them they key features like color, materials item is made of, theme, etc

Feel free to follow the links in my signature to some of my stores for examples.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Alexisander » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 am

Thank you very much! I appreciate!

Post by OliverWuhrl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Meta tags are a great way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites. Meta tags can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients. An actual discussion nowadays is meta tag description.
Here you can find more about it: http://www.semrush.com/blog/articles/wh ... n-article/