Post by Lucmac » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:43 pm

I had the same problem today, all of my SMTP settings were correct and I was entering them in the correct format for my server. The problem was intuitively simple to resolve though, I simply had to ensure that the store email adddress under system >> settings was the same as the smtp username. hey presto it began working!

Post by sani.b » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to get the email to work in OC for a long time (LOCALHOST). First in 2.3 and now for the last 2 weeks in OC 3.0.2. Two days ago I finally got it to work - I used SMTP and the settings from my email provider (same as I use when I set the email in Outlook up, using TLS). After that I also used the same email in store info and as user name and it got to work.

Today I opened a new email account at my ISP and just changed the email addresses in store settings and user name + password in email settings. Now I'm back to square one. Tried with TLS and SSL. Same error - Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 OK. Warning : stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate_cerificate verify failed in ...upload\...

Can someone make any sense from what I wrote?

Post by straightlight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm

That's possibly caused by the time clock with your VM or the transitioning between the time where the platform was used on your VM versus the live server. See this post: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T202309 .

However, if you're using Windows Server, it may not be an accurate solution but you can also see this solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/465 ... on-failure .

If you're using Kaspersky: https://github.com/composer/composer/issues/6870 .

Also ensure to verify your OC admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings - > mail tab by properly configuring your mail settings.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thesiv95 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:30 pm

This also helped me, but emails are sent twice (why? ;D )

Post by gellieann3 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:17 am

SiriusBlackx wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:56 pm
Try This:

Hi,
i have the same problem so i found this answer to my problem:
What port number you have set in SMTP field? Try port 465 if you have default 25 as SMTP port.

In case use gmail account was SMTP:

Mail Protocol: SMTP
Mail Parameters: (blank)
SMTP Host: ssl://smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Username: (yours)
SMTP Password: ****
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Timeout: 5

SMTP Host: ssl://smtp.gmail.com

The ssl:// before the host makes all the diference.
This helped me. Without the ssl:// at the beginning of the hostname, it throws an error when using the 465 port. Perhaps because the 465 is the port for SSL, so the hostname should be ssl also.

Post by Flyboy » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:51 pm

Just FYI, i was having this issue, hosted on namecheap and mail server on namecheap. Added ssl:// to the front of my mail server name using port 465 worked fine.