Post by eesyboi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 am

Hello,

I just noticed that the information link on the register page which customer has to agree to, isn't changed to the seo friendly url like other information links (like the footer information page). I have SEO enabled and the seo is working fine for the information pages in the footer.. So i noticed the reason its not working is because the url->link is information/information/info and the others that are working is information/information..

So i looked in the common/seo_url.php file and i tried making some changes but it didn't work. I would appreciate any help here on how to make the information/information/info SEO friendly like the information/information..

Here is what i tried that didn't work.

} elseif (isset($this->request->get['information_id'])) {
if (isset($this->request->get['info'])) {
$this->request->get['route'] = 'information/information/info';
} else {
$this->request->get['route'] = 'information/information';
}

and in controller/account/register.php the Url link is
$this->url->link('information/information/info', 'information_id=' . $this->config->get('config_account_id'), 'SSL');

TastyIgniter - Open Source Restaurant Ordering and Management System

Post by Axansh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

We have developed an extensionfor SEO - to make it easy for seller.

This module helps you with optimizing the url's of all your website pages , categories , products , manufacturers , information pages .

you can also optimize the titles , meta tag keywords , meta tag descriptions of all the links , categories , products , manufacturers , information pages .

If you add new links or catalog data - they can be optimised as well .

All optimizations can be done for multiple languages .

Image names can also be optimized .

For fast results , less data entry - you can use auto generate facility

Thanks and Best Regards,
Axansh Sheth

Our Opencart Module
All in ONE SEO |
Multi-purpose pop |
Restaurant theme |
Store time save module

Post by eesyboi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Your extension does sounds great, but its not something am looking for now, I'm not looking to optimize for all my webpages, just to optimize information/information/info....

TastyIgniter - Open Source Restaurant Ordering and Management System

Post by kv-3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm

If I understood your intention correctly, you want to add a SEO url for the page of the terms and conditions, which is linked from the registration page. Honestly, I don't see any point in doing so, because the pages linked in the registration page, are pop-up window pages (you click on them and the pop-up window appears) - it is generally the same terms and conditions page, that is linked from the footer, but without headers and footers attached, so that it can be viewed in the pop-up window (the only way you can it's link is by displaying it in separate window or tab). Making it SEO-friendly does not make any sense.

But if you really want to do so, you are on the right track - you have to edit the seo_url.php. You just have to study it thoroughly - I think it needs to be changed in several places, not only one.

Module Hub http://www.modulehub.com — the digital marketplace for modules and extensions
ffct.cc http://ffct.cc/ — opencart modules and extensions, development and installation

Post by billynoah » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Hey, I've solved this.

First off, to kv-3, the reason to do this is for SEO to eliminate duplicate content.

The technique I used is this (OpenCart 1.5.5.1):

1) Enable SEO links for routes equal to "information/information/info".
In the file "catalog/controller/common/seo_url.php", change line 70 from:

Code: Select all

if (($data['route'] == 'product/product' && $key == 'product_id') || (($data['route'] == 'product/manufacturer/info' || $data['route'] == 'product/product') && $key == 'manufacturer_id') || ($data['route'] == 'information/information' && $key == 'information_id')) {
to..

if (($data['route'] == 'product/product' && $key == 'product_id') || (($data['route'] == 'product/manufacturer/info' || $data['route'] == 'product/product') && $key == 'manufacturer_id') || ($data['route'] == ('information/information' || 'information/information/info') && $key == 'information_id')) {
2) Make sure to render all pages with route "information/information/info" without header or footer for jquery colorbox
In the same file, "catalog/controller/common/seo_url.php" change line 50 from:

$this->request->get['route'] = 'information/information';
to

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH'])) {
	$this->request->get['route'] = 'information/information/info';
} else {
	$this->request->get['route'] = 'information/information'; }
3) I also added to 404 redirect code in "catalog/controller/information/information.php" in the event that someone tries to load this page directly, not in a colorbox as it is intended.

I've attached a vQmod I wrote which does all of this for you. Hope this helps somebody!

Attachments