Post by JacoJVR » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi

I have a complaint, Opencart is the worst plat form ever, I have downloaded plugins from the marketplace, there is no proper support for them and every one gives S@#t advise Really, for weeks i have been send mails, put messages on the support form and no one can give me proper advise or help. I think this is peg-edict really

I have been send the support@opencart.com mails and messages, they don not even come back to me.

Why must we pay for extensions and plugin if they cant even support it.

Why install Opencart get extension with it and no one can help to fix it or set it up.

Thanks

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 am

JacoJVR wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:05 pm
I have downloaded plugins from the marketplace, there is no proper support for them and every one gives S@#t advise
Why must we pay for extensions and plugin if they cant even support it.

Why install Opencart get extension with it and no one can help to fix it or set it up.
You have downloaded a Free extension? Or you have downloaded a payed extension?
If extensions are free don't expect to get support. Some extensions are not updated...developers don't respond..

You have checked the Spam? maybe Opencart reply is there...
What extensions doesn't work for you and what version of Opencart you have?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:19 am

Because people are constantly posting in the General Support section of the forum, or in the Bug Reports section about extension issues rather than core issues in that section, while paid extensions can be troubleshooted by experienced developers in the Commercial Support section of the forum whenever a buyer does not get response from their sellers on the Marketplace, or from third-party websites where these extensions can also be downloaded, in order to resolved their problems.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am

Well, I tend to understand your Problem. But one has to realize, that a lot of people have tried to get
a foothold on OC, during all those Years, but only a Minority of them consists out of Professionals.
And that makes it complicated for Newcomers, to serve themselfs, choosing out of a huge Range of
Mods and Mod Sellers and 'Functions', to select the matching Extension as well as a Partner, when it
comes to solve Problems. :-\

In addition, most Newcomers probably expect to have found Heaven on Earth, just waiting, to
make them rich and famous, and all that for free. They plan to create a real Business, but still think
and dream like Kids, and such does not work. :-*

But just because one win's a Car for free, does not mean, that one automatically knows, how to drive
it. One needs a Teacher, and the same is valid for OC. But Teachers don't work for free, neither for OC,
nor for anything or anybody else. And since OC is a wide open Market, one just has to select a known
and trustworthy Partner, to get a decent Support, and pay decent money for it, it's as easy as that.

In addition to the fact, that i.E. Mercedes does not only build and offer one Car Model, and the same
applies for OC too. One should better select some already proven Version, where proven working
Extensions exist, and Newbies would probably be better off, not always looking for latest 'things' only
but first read about it, before one makes a Decision on such. Even latest MS Products are mostly still
full of faults, one should know that from one's own experiences, and MS does not even come for free.

So better be reasonable, part of your misery is probably your own fault, you where just not aware of it.
Good Luck, no offense, nothing personal, look at it as a more 'global' statement, your'e one of many :D
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by JacoJVR » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi Good day

Thank for all your advise and comments, But whether it is a paid or free extension, doesn't matter but some where there should be some sort of support, doesn't matter where you post the issue, some should advise and say post your problem at the write place, but at the end they just give comments, instead guide the person into write direction. It is not my fold you offer a free extensions, i don't mind paying for a extension but if you offer support make sure the write info is on the site, not wrong details that is wrong, it is all i'm saying because it is irritating not to get any info.

I have been asking who created a extension, can you believe that no one can tell me who created that extension, no one. Please that is unprofessional and you all no that.It doesn't matter whether i paid for it or it was free, the point is some one build that extension , it did not fall out of the sky. Instead given snotty answers, why not direct us into the write direction. Some of us are new and some of us is experience, we all want to enjoy the pleasure that Open cart has to offer.

Thanks

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:39 pm

JacoJVR wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:23 pm
I have been asking who created a extension, can you believe that no one can tell me who created that extension, no one.
Extension name? Url?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 pm

JacoJVR wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:23 pm
Hi Good day

Thank for all your advise and comments, But whether it is a paid or free extension, doesn't matter but some where there should be some sort of support, doesn't matter where you post the issue,some should advise and say post your problem at the write place, but at the end they just give comments, instead guide the person into write direction. It is not my fold you offer a free extensions, i don't mind paying for a extension but if you offer support make sure the write info is on the site, not wrong details that is wrong, it is all i'm saying because it is irritating not to get any info.

I have been asking who created a extension, can you believe that no one can tell me who created that extension, no one. Please that is unprofessional and you all no that.It doesn't matter whether i paid for it or it was free, the point is some one build that extension , it did not fall out of the sky. Instead given snotty answers, why not direct us into the write direction. Some of us are new and some of us is experience, we all want to enjoy the pleasure that Open cart has to offer.

Thanks
Let's review this for a moment.

Bold no.1: By not considering where forum users post their issues, then the forum sections should be non-categorized which, according to your statement, might become even easier for new users to post where to submit their issues with the several 100k of users that the forum currently handles. Let's take a look at the results below.

Bold no.2: It is not your fault that free extensions are being published out there but you wouldn't mind paying for an extension. However, according to the Marketplace's terms-of-use policy, free extensions, indeed, may not involve support but Marketplace users who are downloading and installing those extensions are still under their responsibilities since they'd be deciding to use it. Free extensions are provided without any guarantee as opposed to paid extensions where support are being provided, inclusively from the Commercial Support section of the forum (which also covers bold no. 1). As for the encouraged publicity to convinced forum users to pay for an extension, let of course up to your total discretion, still may not provide full service to suit your needs as opposed to free extensions since a 12 months plan can also be provided by sellers on the Marketplace which means, despite how right or wrong the information can be offered to the buyers, unfortunately, since a full documentation still may be avoided by sellers. Of course, paid extensions can be reviewed by the Opencart's Accounts and Billing team upon incident requests being submitted to them.

Bold no.3: 'You all'. If the case, how we can explain the support link information provided on the Marketplace's extension's description area where buyers are, indeed, being informed where to submit their service or incident request on the forum support while, rather, sellers are receiving email notifications from a ticketing system to troubleshoot the issue even for free extensions?

- The link is already there, it's showing to all users - all over the world; no exceptions. Should we need to tell them where to post their inquiries once the valid link being provided on the Marketplace or rather for users to follow guidance? Fact or fiction becomes the questions.

Bold no.4: Correct, someone did built that extension where each identity of these users are clearly mentioned on the Marketplace's page - right side location. There are also forum users who posts their extension publicity pointing to the Marketplace directly on the Commercial Contributions section of the forum (which also covers Bold no.1) to ensure buyers visits the Marketplace to take a look.

Bold no.5: Forum rules as well as FAQ on the forum are already provided as they, both, keep growing. The question is rather to know how can users actually miss the very first link on the top of the forum, and that being the only link available that dictates: Forum Rules which includes its description underneath? If a new forum user has the training and the ability to miss out the very first link on top, how does that reflect forum supporters by misguiding forum users to the right location including the fact that very new, and even regular, users do NOT post their OC versions with their 4 decimal points or do NOT provide their URLs, including posting their codes in BBCode, in order for forum supporters to guide them in the right direction? Should you look on how many topics involves these missing information, you are definitely invited to do so by, either, using the forum search or by using the Google's search engine or even from your mobile phone by using an app.

There are no excuses today. Forum users, despite Opencart forum users or even other forums in this universe, by being a new, or regular user, - forum rules must be read as well as understanding them while it evolves - including during the account registration process. If new forum users are constantly capable on creating new forum accounts, then they're constantly capable on reading those guidelines and understanding the change and policies. It's simply common sense, and one-to-a-few, that does not reflect on OC issues at this point.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON