Post by Dutch Pride Code » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:50 pm

First of all, thanks for creating OpenCart. I'm not going to lie, it was very easy to install but a pain in the *** to get it customized... Once I got it up and running and got a little used to it, it worked perfect and right now it still does. OpenCart is amazing! The free extensions are also awesome but you have to make sure you're downloading it for the right OpenCart version or it probably won't work. Also make sure you're downloading OCMod extensions, as they can be easily installed and if they don't work removed aswell.

Having to pay for every advanced extension is understandable but also very annoying if you want a functioning web store and you're starting with not much or even no money at all. The prices of those extensions are pretty high and I would've bought some extensions, if only they were a little cheaper. Now I don't buy anything at all because my wallet looks at me with this sad face when I look at the price, and we share a mutual understanding.

I'm just missing one tiny function...
And I say "tiny" but I don't really know anything about programming or how much work it is.

In the admin > products > edit product menu, you can choose "requires shipping" YES / NO to set whether this product needs shipping or not. It would have been amazing if, when choosing YES, you could choose a shipping method (from one of the installed/activated shipping methods) for that specific product only. There is an extension that does this but it costs a lot and it has way more functions that I wouldn't even use.

My reason for needing this one function is that different products require different shipping methods. Some cannot be shipped so they have to be delivered instead or they have to be sent using a different shipping method. Right now I solved this issue by using the product "options" menu to create a required option where users can select a shipping method. Obviously this is not the best solution because if someone only buys one product that requires special shipping, they still pay the regular shipping fee aswell.

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:01 pm

jonagoldapple wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:50 pm
Having to pay for every advanced extension is understandable but also very annoying if you want a functioning web store and you're starting with not much or even no money at all. The prices of those extensions are pretty high and I would've bought some extensions, if only they were a little cheaper. Now I don't buy anything at all because my wallet looks at me with this sad face when I look at the price, and we share a mutual understanding.
No money, but you want your store to be customized/made for free by opencart users developpers?....

20$ is high?
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=23895

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Dutch Pride Code » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:21 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:01 pm
No money, but you want your store to be customized/made for free by opencart users developpers?....

20$ is high?
I said that I do find it understandable that it costs some, but if you only really need one of the functions but you have to pay $20 to get this function together with a lot of other functions you don't need, then $20 is indeed pretty high. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing that people create this. I would just be more likely to pay for extensions if they cost less. On the side $20 is the lowest price for extensions that I could find. Many even cost double!

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm

It is 20$ because is the minimum price when you sell an extension. Opencart need to take fee. ;D
For small changes you will get free help, but I don't thing you will get free help for something more complex.

But good luck :)

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:55 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm
It is 20$ because is the minimum price when you sell an extension. Opencart need to take fee. ;D
For small changes you will get free help, but I don't thing you will get free help for something more complex.

But good luck :)
Unless the sellers provides a 12 months support packaging from the Marketplace excluding, indeed, the more complex issues.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON