Post by ickotsa » Sat May 02, 2020 8:18 am

Hi guys,
Not sure this is the correct place to post, if not please let me know.
First thank you for a great Platform, I love using it.

I used Opencart for a while now, and love the basic functions.

For wholesale I think there is a fairly long way to go (Just commenting for improvement, maybe it's done already and I dont know).
So here are some important notes from a wholesale site built, maybe you guys can improve core/themes to support it:

1. Wholesale customers do not use product names(product names are still important), most wholesale customers use SKU/EAN/MPM/GTIN for search or ordering. When you search admin or front end, search by model number or any other identifier is not supported.
2. Most wholesale customers do not pay when they order, they have an account(normally with an specific account number).
3. Shipping is added to the order later based on the quantity.
4. Wholesale mainly use Purchase Order(invoice is less relevant).
5. The whole checkout process is basically redundant for wholesale, they just need to login to their account, and when purchasing, just confirm order.
6. On the front end, Wholesale customers normally use list like excel not a normal layout, and prefer bulk add to cart.

So this is just the basic functionality I had to add to make the system fully compatible for wholesale.
You guys have the basics covered(good job), but I just thought giving you guys feedback from real life stores.
I hope this helps improve for the future.

Eco

Location - Australia

Post by IP_CAM » Sat May 02, 2020 8:47 pm

Well, why then not publish some (free) Extensions, to enable others, to use, what you
obviously already created in your OC Version?! :D OC itself won't do it anyway, because
they have other priorities, so, you might even have a chance, to create some income... ;)

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland