Post by Dutch Pride Code » Mon May 18, 2020 7:09 pm

I really don't want to be all negative about it, but today I got slapped in the face again. Yet another function gives me an error message. Giving a user access to only a specific admin panel menu, for maintenance, will give a lot of errors all following up on each other. One error leads to another, it seems. I regret starting to use this in the first place. It's a shame I have already built a complete store on it. Now it will cost even more money to move it to another platform.

OpenCart has many functions that probably work if you use the default store, change NOTHING and have a boring default template with the default CSS and not a single extension installed. In reality your store needs something that makes it unique and it probably needs a few more functions that you need to pay for. They will cause errors and functions in your store to stop working, for which there is absolutely no support because they are third party extensions. The thing is, extensions cause errors but you need them for more functions or subtle changes, even if your local law requires this.

Then comes the problem that those extensions are quite expensive if you need a custom job to fix all the following errors after instaling. Once again I got slapped in the face with a few error messages. This platform is the worst if you want to grow! If you're using this platform, keep it as a hobby. And keep in mind that it will be an expensive one because the way it looks to me, I would need thousands of dollars to get all the malfunctioning stuff working again. And I have just installed 3 extensions, nothing more!

This will be my last message, I just want to prevent anybody with serious business intentions from using this platform and making the same mistake I did: thinking it was really free. Pay for a good platform that works instead, or you will waste your money and time trying to fix errors...

Thanks everybody for attempting to give some support for problems with the platform. Your effort was highly appreciated for as long as I used OpenCart.

Post by straightlight » Mon May 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Thanks everybody for attempting to give some support for problems with the platform. Your effort was highly appreciated for as long as I used OpenCart.
Thanks for trying. Have a good one!

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON