Post by Lozza2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi all

In a system I have written, I was worried about potantial sql injection and found PDO prepared statements to be a fantastic way to avoid these problems.
I love a lot about opencart however I was disappointed to see it doesn't take advantage of prepared statements and have a solution which could be incorporated easily into the opencart core system.

In my system, to enable an easy conversion of my system, I took an existing PDO DB class (I don't remember where it came from) and wrote a function called pbexec which allows you to convert existing SQL quickly and easily as follows:

$product_option_query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_option po LEFT JOIN `" . DB_PREFIX . "option` o ON (po.option_id = o.option_id) LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "option_description od ON (o.option_id = od.option_id)
WHERE po.product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' AND od.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'
ORDER BY o.sort_order");

Simply replace all the variables with ?

$sql="...
WHERE po.product_id = ? AND od.language_id = ?
...";

Then call my routine:
$product_option_query = $this->db->pbexec($sql, "ii", $product_id, $this->config->get('config_language_id') );
(In 2nd parameter specify all the variable types (i=int,s=str etc..) followed by the variables in order... no need to worry about (int) or db escape)

It would need coding to fit inside your class but would be relatively easy.

Would anyone with control over the opencart core be interested in incorporating this feature?
I would be happy to help in the future but wouldn't have time in the next few months.

Best wishes
Laurence

Post by straightlight » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Lozza2 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 pm
Hi all

In a system I have written, I was worried about potantial sql injection and found PDO prepared statements to be a fantastic way to avoid these problems.
I love a lot about opencart however I was disappointed to see it doesn't take advantage of prepared statements and have a solution which could be incorporated easily into the opencart core system.

In my system, to enable an easy conversion of my system, I took an existing PDO DB class (I don't remember where it came from) and wrote a function called pbexec which allows you to convert existing SQL quickly and easily as follows:

$product_option_query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_option po LEFT JOIN `" . DB_PREFIX . "option` o ON (po.option_id = o.option_id) LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "option_description od ON (o.option_id = od.option_id)
WHERE po.product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' AND od.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'
ORDER BY o.sort_order");

Simply replace all the variables with ?

$sql="...
WHERE po.product_id = ? AND od.language_id = ?
...";

Then call my routine:
$product_option_query = $this->db->pbexec($sql, "ii", $product_id, $this->config->get('config_language_id') );
(In 2nd parameter specify all the variable types (i=int,s=str etc..) followed by the variables in order... no need to worry about (int) or db escape)

It would need coding to fit inside your class but would be relatively easy.

Would anyone with control over the opencart core be interested in incorporating this feature?
I would be happy to help in the future but wouldn't have time in the next few months.

Best wishes
Laurence
Huh ...

You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Lozza2 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Huh ...

You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.
No offence but I don't think you understand the post!

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:44 pm

Lozza2 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Huh ...

No offence but I don't think you understand the post!
The offence's got nothing to do with the post as I did understood the post exactly as described. You are looking for custom codes that the core does not yet support by its constructor.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON