Post by rocketninjin » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi,
I tried to change order status from pending the a custom payment name (create in opencart admin). Once I change the order status from pending to waiting for payment, the deducted quantity amount released back to the total stock.
Is there any script that update stock status causing the deducted quantity released?

Post by straightlight » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Not a bug. Yes, there are extensions that can interfere with order status updates. Which is why, extension developers should not work directly in the core to update the order statuses but rather to create events.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:11 pm

When you change an order's status from one belonging to the "processing" or "completed" sets in admin to a status not belonging to those sets, the stock deduction is reversed, that is normal processing.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by kestas » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:35 pm

Not a bug. You can set statuses in admin dashboard System->Settings. Edit settings and in Option tab find Processing Order Status where you can set on which status product can be subtracted...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by rocketninjin » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:30 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm
Not a bug. Yes, there are extensions that can interfere with order status updates. Which is why, extension developers should not work directly in the core to update the order statuses but rather to create events.
Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't use any extension to manage the order status, I'm using the built-in order status, create a new status call waiting for payment. When I try to update the status, it happened.

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:07 am

OC version?

What are your order statuses settings on each stores?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON