Post by makako1970 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:45 pm

Open Cart 3 on IIS, I was trying to set up a multistore. The default store is fine. In 2 other multistores, if I try to change the logo and the favicon or the store image... I can select them with image manager, however if I save, exit and then reselect the store... the changes were not saved and still desplay the default image.

I saw there was a similar bug for previous versions. I made sure the URL had the slashes etc etc... and followed some of the suggestions... but there must be something else?

Post by makako1970 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:47 pm

OK, fixed... I feel very stupid... the problem in my case was a special character in the filename of the images... that was translated in the database breaking the links to the images. As the special character was in the prefix of every image... I could upload the images, see them there using the media manager... however not delete them and they were not showing up on the site anywhere... because the translation of the special character stored in mysql was breaking the link of the filename...

(IT IS WORTH ATTENTION and fixing in the database for any field that contains directory names or name of images or it should be mentioned at installation time to avoid using any special character in those...?)

It was the dumbest thing...

Expert Member