Post by silicondream » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi there -
We are having trouble getting a multi store setup working with 2 different domains and are wondering if someone can point anything out that we may be missing. Al l we can get so far is both domains displaying the same store..

The main store (lets call it www.website.com) is working fine and is on a Plesk shared server.

The main domain is a www.website.com. The domain is registered with www.domains4less.net.nz
The site is hosted somewhere else however - on www.net24.co.nz servers. The A record of www.website.com points to the IP address at net24.co.nz

The 2nd site we want to setup is www.website.com.au. This domain is registered with netregistry.com.au.

I have setup www.website.com.au/ in Opencart as well as a 'domain alias' in Plesk for www.website.com.au but there seems to be no option to point it to a root directory? Is this not they way to do things? They only way so far that I can make the .com.au domain point to the opencart install is to point its A record to the IP address of the server. Doing this just directs to the main store however and not its own store..

If I setup a 'sub domain' in plesk I can set a root directory but still the only way I can get the sub domain to point to the site is by using an A record or Cname, & then it still only redirects to the main store.. not its own store. We are wanting to use a full new domain name rather than a sub domain as well.

Do the domain names need to be need to on the same registrar maybe? Do the domain names need to be on the same registrar as that of the web hosting?
Should I change the Name Servers of the domains to the same as the Web host and get them to set up zone files?

Is there anything else anyone can suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.H

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Contact your host about domain questions. Not an actual issue with OC.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by silicondream » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:12 pm
Contact your host about domain questions. Not an actual issue with OC.
Thanks Straightlight - unfortunately my hosts don't know much about Opencart integrations so aren't too much help at the moment.
I know it is probably not an Opencart system issue but maybe someone here can suggest a fix. If it is something to do with the domains and their nameservers etc then someone may be able to point that out. If those things should make no difference then maybe its a plesk shared server setup issue..??

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Thanks Straightlight - unfortunately my hosts don't know much about Opencart integrations so aren't too much help at the moment.
I don't know where this information has been provided from but one thing is for sure ... initiating A records has nothing to do with Opencart integrations. If your host is not qualified to answer those questions regarding hosting configurations, I would strongly suggest to switch host.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by silicondream » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:05 pm
I don't know where this information has been provided from but one thing is for sure ... initiating A records has nothing to do with Opencart integrations. If your host is not qualified to answer those questions regarding hosting configurations, I would strongly suggest to switch host.
Thanks - Our hosts are great and very experienced in most areas - they just don't specialize in Opencart.
Also thanks for pointing that out about A records. An A record to point the initial domain to the opencart install would be needed I am sure. I assume you mean an A record is not needed for the extra domains related to MultiSite Integrations. I will note this and carry on my search. I have a feeling it is a Plesk system issue.

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 pm

silicondream wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:05 pm
Thanks - Our hosts are great and very experienced in most areas - they just don't specialize in Opencart.
Also thanks for pointing that out about A records. An A record to point the initial domain to the opencart install would be needed I am sure. I assume you mean an A record is not needed for the extra domains related to MultiSite Integrations. I will note this and carry on my search. I have a feeling it is a Plesk system issue.
Not an OC issue, for sure. ;)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by chriswsm » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Hi there.

Did you ever resolve this?

I'm also having difficulties with setting up multi store in plesk.

Thanks

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:26 pm

chriswsm wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:43 pm
Hi there.

Did you ever resolve this?

I'm also having difficulties with setting up multi store in plesk.

Thanks
You probably want to use the add domain alias option in Plesk for your additional domains.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom