Post by olaand » Tue May 01, 2018 6:11 am

- Open Cart version: 3.0.2.0
- Default theme

Hi, I wonder if someone has any idea how to resolve this. I upgraded an OC instance to 3.0.2.0 (from 1.5.x) and the email notifications for new registrations and new orders aren't working. However, the contact form posts works fine.
I have tried both mail and SMTP but with the same result. I have seen similar posts but no concrete resolution as far as I can see.

The site is here: www.comfortshoewarehouse.co.uk

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ola
Last edited by olaand on Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by sw!tch » Tue May 01, 2018 12:26 pm

From what I understand some email functions are based on events in OC3. Go to Extensions -> Events and see if you have all the events installed or enabled.
(e.g )

Code: Select all

Event Code - mail_customer_add
Trigger

catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after
Action

mail/register

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by ostechnologies » Tue May 01, 2018 7:08 pm

After updation you need to check in extension > event tab in admin that all event are enabled.

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by olaand » Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Thank you for your replies. The event section is empty - I am not sure what that is telling me?

Post by sw!tch » Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 am

You need to install the event table.

First check your database and see if you have a table called oc_event.

If there is no table or if all rows in that table are empty then you need to install the events.

BACKUP your DB first and then you can try the following in phpmyadmin.

If you are unsure how to do this hire someone proceed at your own risk.

You can see here the needed DB entries highlighted.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... 1338-L1422

--
-- Table structure for table `oc_event`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `oc_event`;
CREATE TABLE `oc_event` (
  `event_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `code` varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  `trigger` text NOT NULL,
  `action` text NOT NULL,
  `status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
  `sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`event_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_general_ci;

--
-- Dumping data for table `oc_event`
--

INSERT INTO `oc_event` (`event_id`, `code`, `trigger`, `action`, `status`) VALUES
(1, 'activity_customer_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after', 'event/activity/addCustomer', 1);
INSERT INTO `oc_event` (`event_id`, `code`, `trigger`, `action`, `status`) VALUES
(2, 'activity_customer_edit', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editCustomer/after', 'event/activity/editCustomer', 1);
(3, 'activity_customer_password', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editPassword/after', 'event/activity/editPassword', 1);
(4, 'activity_customer_forgotten', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editCode/after', 'event/activity/forgotten', 1);
(5, 'activity_transaction', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addTransaction/after', 'event/activity/addTransaction', 1);
(6, 'activity_customer_login', 'catalog/model/account/customer/deleteLoginAttempts/after', 'event/activity/login', 1);
(7, 'activity_address_add', 'catalog/model/account/address/addAddress/after', 'event/activity/addAddress', 1);
(8, 'activity_address_edit', 'catalog/model/account/address/editAddress/after', 'event/activity/editAddress', 1);
(9, 'activity_address_delete', 'catalog/model/account/address/deleteAddress/after', 'event/activity/deleteAddress', 1);
(10, 'activity_affiliate_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addAffiliate/after', 'event/activity/addAffiliate', 1);
(11, 'activity_affiliate_edit', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editAffiliate/after', 'event/activity/editAffiliate', 1);
(12, 'activity_order_add', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before', 'event/activity/addOrderHistory', 1);
(13, 'activity_return_add', 'catalog/model/account/return/addReturn/after', 'event/activity/addReturn', 1);
(14, 'mail_transaction', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addTransaction/after', 'mail/transaction', 1);
(15, 'mail_forgotten', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editCode/after', 'mail/forgotten', 1);
(16, 'mail_customer_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after', 'mail/register', 1);
(17, 'mail_customer_alert', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after', 'mail/register/alert', 1);
(18, 'mail_affiliate_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate', 1);
(19, 'mail_affiliate_alert', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate/alert', 1);
(20, 'mail_voucher', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/after', 'extension/total/voucher/send', 1);
(21, 'mail_order_add', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before', 'mail/order', 1);
(22, 'mail_order_alert', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before', 'mail/order/alert', 1);
(23, 'statistics_review_add', 'catalog/model/catalog/review/addReview/after', 'event/statistics/addReview', 1);
(24, 'statistics_return_add', 'catalog/model/account/return/addReturn/after', 'event/statistics/addReturn', 1);
(25, 'statistics_order_history', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/after', 'event/statistics/addOrderHistory', 1);
(26, 'admin_mail_affiliate_approve', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/approveAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate/approve', 1);
(27, 'admin_mail_affiliate_deny', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/denyAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate/deny', 1);
(28, 'admin_mail_customer_approve', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/approveCustomer/after', 'mail/customer/approve', 1);
(29, 'admin_mail_customer_deny', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/denyCustomer/after', 'mail/customer/deny', 1);
(30, 'admin_mail_reward', 'admin/model/customer/customer/addReward/after', 'mail/reward', 1);
(31, 'admin_mail_transaction', 'admin/model/customer/customer/addTransaction/after', 'mail/transaction', 1);
(32, 'admin_mail_return', 'admin/model/sale/return/addReturn/after', 'mail/return', 1);
(33, 'admin_mail_forgotten', 'admin/model/user/user/editCode/after', 'mail/forgotten', 1);

Post by olaand » Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Thank you - I checked the events table and while it existed, it was also empty. I made a copy of the DB and tried executing the query via phpMyAdmin and there were no errors, so I ran it on the live DB. I then went back into the site OC admin and confirmed there was now a long list of events.

I signed up a test account and, hey presto, the notification to the store owner was sent out.

Case closed - :)

\thanks for the help!

PS. In my case I had a different database table prefix. So not "oc_". I used a code editor to find and replace all the instances of "oc_" in the query before I ran it in phpMyAdmin.