Post by jimmeijer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Hello,

I installed OpenCart for the first time on December 27, 2018. Obviously enthiosast to know the product.

Immediately after the installation this error:
Warning: Division by zero in /home/jimmeijerpt/public_html/admin/model/localisation/currency.php on-line 141

I have no idea what to do or remedy.

Then purchased this extension:
Live Theme Editor for $ 22.

Immediately two errors.
1. Cache problem. They have helped me fine and finally the error was in the NGINX cache.
2. The background pictures are not saved. They have not solved this error. I am still with that.

Opencart SEO Pack PRO for $ 99.99.
Did not work immediately after installation! After twice a double installation, the package will suddenly work.
Then made a backup with export in opencart.
opencart reinstalled, backup imported. But unfortunately, opencart gives an error and I am unable to restore the export.

Then just install ALL over again by hand.
Opencart SEO Pack PRO does not work again! installed a second time and now it works !? At least in the ADMIN dashboard.

The extension promises, among other things, this service:

Product Scheme - creates rich snippets based on http: /lschema.org/Product schema
Offer Schedule - creates rich snippets based on http: /lschema.org/0Ffer schema
Rating Scheme - creates rich snippets based on http: / [schema.org/AggregateRating scheme

Not really. Checked with https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool. Zero, NULL.

I have written the support and only get the answer that everything would work "out of the box".

Visual Designer PRO (The First Page Builder for Opencart) for $ 88.99.

The package does not want to install with the opencart installer.
According to the instructions, then uploaded with FTP. Seems to work all at first.

Until I discover that the Visual Designer delete all text formatting, such as h1, h2 and bold, in italics. The listing does work.

Then purchased this package:
SEO Structured Data - Rich Snippets - Microdata for $ 20.
So it does not work either. Still no Structured data!

dear reader, you will understand that I am totally negative about OpenCart and their extensions. At the moment it is so for me that I wish I had never started. I rarely made a package that caused so many mistakes.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 am

I'm sorry you had such a bad first experience. OpenCart is actually quite stable and powerful.. but I think you picked an unlucky string of 3rd party addons which gave a bad first impression.

The first error about currency divide by zero.. this is actually an opencart bug that happens when the currency auto-update fails. OpenCart tries to update the currency exchange rate daily and that's what causes this error. It should hopefully be fixed in the next version. For now, you can disable it in the system settings under local - > Auto Update Currency NO

The other errors with SEO mod.. might be due to a missing step in the installation process... after install you often have to refresh the modifications page for the changes to take effect.

Administrator

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm

jimmeijer wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:26 pm
Live Theme Editor for $ 22.
Theme editors for any system are not usually very good.

Immediately two errors.
1. Cache problem. They have helped me fine and finally the error was in the NGINX cache.
2. The background pictures are not saved. They have not solved this error. I am still with that.
jimmeijer wrote:
Then just install ALL over again by hand.
Opencart SEO Pack PRO does not work again! installed a second time and now it works !?
Are you following the install instructions and clearing your mod cache and other caches?
jimmeijer wrote:
I have written the support and only get the answer that everything would work "out of the box".
Always go through OpenCart's support and always be very clear in exactly what your problem is:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact
jimmeijer wrote:
Visual Designer PRO (The First Page Builder for Opencart) for $ 88.99.
It's best not to install too many extensions, especially when this probably does the same as the first one you installed.
jimmeijer wrote:
dear reader, you will understand that I am totally negative about OpenCart and their extensions. At the moment it is so for me that I wish I had never started. I rarely made a package that caused so many mistakes.
You should be careful to select good extensions from trusted developers with good sales and good ratings but OpenCart is a great platform. It might be that you should find a freelancer or agency to help you with these things.

Paul

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by jimmeijer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:33 am

Qphoria wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 am
I'm sorry you had such a bad first experience. OpenCart is actually quite stable and powerful.. but I think you picked an unlucky string of 3rd party addons which gave a bad first impression.

The first error about currency divide by zero.. this is actually an opencart bug that happens when the currency auto-update fails. OpenCart tries to update the currency exchange rate daily and that's what causes this error. It should hopefully be fixed in the next version. For now, you can disable it in the system settings under local - > Auto Update Currency NO

The other errors with SEO mod.. might be due to a missing step in the installation process... after install you often have to refresh the modifications page for the changes to take effect.
Hello, Yes that was the trick. I found the solution with Google.
But thanks for your reaction.
Gr. Jim

Post by jimmeijer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 am

Hi Paul, Sorry but I do not really like your comments.
I have written all supports with errors.
at the moment I have to install OpenCart three times over because there are errors that I have no solution for.

The support of https://www.huntbee.com are for the time being the only ones who have seriously made the effort to solve it. The programmer has been busy until 2:00 am and delivers results. then also done some extra. Toppie, great work and result.

Furthermore, I have received little and NO help. Now a new problem has arisen and suddenly the descriptions of the brands have disappeared. While they are still in the system.

I have no solution for this. Do I have to install everything again ?!

I keep going until everything works! I am certainly going to do that. and of course things happen that I am new. But so far, Opencart has only delivered stress and no production !!

I just do not dare to update opencart anymore to the new version 3.0.3.0
 I work with Version 3.0.2.0

Suddenly I have this in my log.
2019-01-08 21:50:52 -
ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND!
FILE: /home/jimmeijerpt/public_html/admin/view/template/common/column_left.tpl
MOD: d_admin_menu

FILE: /home/jimmeijerpt/public_html/admin/view/template/common/column_left.tpl
MOD: d_admin_menu

FILE: /home/jimmeijerpt/public_html/admin/controller/extension/installer.php
MOD: d_opencart_patch

FILE: /home/jimmeijerpt/public_html/catalog/controller/common/seo_url.php
MOD: d_seo_module

How do I know which support to write for this? If I install the last modules, the problem should disappear? At least that is true with Wordpress.

Which support should I be for this, and how long do I have to wait until I can continue. If I continue entering products now, it may be that I have to do everything over again later. The Backup & Restore of opencart does not work either?

The support of zengrafic just does not react anymore?

and then your comment?
quote "Theme editors for any system are not very good."

Why do not you put that in the description of the extension of the theme editors that they usually do not work properly ?!

How should I know that as a new member? I have to find out by first paying and then come to this disappointment?

I can not get my money back and the problem is not resolved!

I have now also installed an opencart on another domain, and try the extension first. That has something ridiculous after all?

My position therefore remains:
Opencart is not mature and certainly not recommended to users who have never done anything with openCart.

Extension management is round out bad. If an error occurs, you can not place a backup back before the error. because Backup & Restore from opencart does not work!

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 am

jimmeijer wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 am
Hi Paul, Sorry but I do not really like your comments.
Well, I do because he is absolutely right.
Why?

Reading your history, I do no really know what I shall think about.

1. you are installng OpenCart for the first the time
2. right after that you get an error
but
3. instead of asking for help about this or trying to fix it by yourself, you are buying straight an extension
4. bang! the next 2 errors ocurring, but you
5. buy the next extension

Until now 121 U$ wasted!
And how many minutes (hours)??

And so on .. you are doing always the same faults ..

Just to explain: I am installing OpenCart nearly since 10 years.
Started with 1.3.x - now we have 3.1.x
Overall I guess about 1.200 installations .. or more (not counted the installations I did just to test something quick).
Did all on different servers, web and locale, all with different environements.

But never had one error like you had - or continued after the first error like you did!

I am really sorry to hear that you are having troubles.
But, from where they are coming from?
Don't you think, that it could be possible, that you are a part of them?
Why?
Listen, if you are not familiar with a system, how many times you want to fall and stand up before you understand that something serious is wrong?!

Well, you can try it 1.000 times again, waste additional 1.000 bucks and more.
That's the hard way.

Or you can sleep like a baby, having no headaches, have not wasted money - but have a full working system you want (and need).

With which szeanario you live better?
Ask that yourself .. and maybe answer.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by kestas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 am

jimmeijer wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 am

Opencart is not mature and certainly not recommended to users who have never done anything with openCart.

Extension management is round out bad. If an error occurs, you can not place a backup back before the error. because Backup & Restore from opencart does not work!
This is your very subjective opinion. What you have created for yourself is that you may lack basic knowledge. I've tried several platforms, but OC is one of the more flexible platforms for e-commerce. You just need to get a little understanding of the OC system and don't want to leave it. On the other hand, similar misunderstandings may be found on other platforms, but I do not criticize them for nothing.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by jimmeijer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 am

Dear, Of ​​course I am a part of the problem. Because I am new and work with OpenCart for the first time.

The first error when installing for the first time is in the currency. That has nothing to do with the rest of the system! In addition, I solved it myself by sniffing on the internet. And simply turn off the butts of "update currency", and the problem is solved.

When the second extension purchased. That had problems with loading the background picture. Has nothing to do with the operation of the system!
But the creator of this extension has still not solved it! and I do not have my money back!

Third extension "Opencart SEO Pack PRO" The disappearance of the h1, h etc.
I solved myself by sniffing on the internet. It was very simple, and disregard on my part. If I had read the documentation completely, I probably would have found out. Honest is fair. But I did not. So I asked the question to the support. And thus got the answer "that it just has to work out of the box". That is it. They could also have said "check the documentation"?

But therefore no system error! But because the structured data was not complete according to Goolge, I bought another package that also had a problem. Which did have to do with the system.

I have also written support there and they have helped me more than great and even done some more.
My stuctured data is now completely up to date, even the recommendations from Google work !!!

Because I am so great helped by them I will mention them.
https://www.huntbee.com/seo-structured- ... -microdata

The backup of OpenCart still does not work. I have mentioned this a few times in this forum, but there is no one who responds to this!

Maybe I should do that in an appart topic?

Yes I am new with opencart. And yes I have asked for help!
1. without a solution
2. with not helping answers.
3. Great help! Next time i need an extension I will first look at HUNTBEE!
4. backup or opencart is still not working and getting NO help!

Quote "
Just to explain: I am installing OpenCart nearly since 10 years.
Started with 1.3.x - now we have 3.1.x
Overall I guess about 1.200 installations .. or more (not counted the installations I did just to test something quick).
Did all on different servers, web and locale, all with different environements.

But never had one error like you had - or continued after the first error like you did! "

Not impressed.
40 years of running Linux servers on the internet.
Made over 200 websites (html and wordpress) and getting payed for it.
Have a website structure for Philips and Samsung at a Swiss compagny.
Was the first one in the Dutch who offered internet access for Isdn servers.
etc. etc. etc. 40 years of experience, private and business.

And Having trouble with OpenCart!

So, all added up, I only had good help from HuntBee! But the OpenCart backup still does not work.

Post by kestas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 am

jimmeijer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:32 am

40 years of running Linux servers on the internet.
Hmmm :) In my knowledge linux began his life from 1991 in Helsinki. Linus Torvalds began this project based on language "C" which later become LINUX... So some 28 years :) Or maybe I'm not right?

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 am

@jimmeijer: no reason to be impressed.
Just to show that you are talking nonsens and posting an unqualified, highly subjective opinion.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by jimmeijer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 am

Hello,

yes you are right about Linux. Before that It was OS2 for me.

I just wanted to say that it does not matter how many years of experience you have. All those years of experience do not solve the current problems! And so still no response to my backup problem.

Gr. Jim

Post by OSWorX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Okay, I try it once again - the last time!
No matter how much experience you may have, no matter how many times you won the Formula 1, OpenCart seems to be 'undiscovered land' for you.
Well, no problem.
AS long as you hear what we - the ones who know OpenCart very well because we work with this system since many years - tell you.

You got no support, did not know where to go for.
Here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/support

Open up a ticket, tell them the problems, you may get back the money.
If you have bought that extension in the official OpenCart Marketplace.

Second: this forum, a few websites outside and the whole internet throught your preferred search engine, will help you - as long as you search for the right thing.

Third: here alleging that the Backup solution (here I mean the internal via the admin menu) does not work, can onyl come from one who does not know he system.

Okay, you have installed OpenCart on the 27th December 2018 for the first time.
And 1 week later your first posting here and being only negative.

You had already 1 week to inform you.
But not in buying countless extensions, and installing them on top of your faulty installation!

And also, instead of hiring an experienced developer (in the sense of being a Pro with OpenCart and not Cars, OS/2, Linux, etc !), you are wining here that you got no support.
Then you are telling us that you have found that suberb company which helped you already soo successfully ..
Why not hiring them again?

Then you telling us that you received no help.
Well read what you have posted in your first post - there was no line that yo uwant/need help, but instead:
dear reader, you will understand that I am totally negative about OpenCart and their extensions
Okay, fine (or not) ..
But now, what do you expect from us, from the users here?
Want help, then ask for it, post exactly (per thread) what you need, what the issue/bug is.
Or hire somone.

Last (to shed some on light on the mentioned backup): the internal backup will create a file (.sql) with only the content of the tables.
Never the structure itself.

What the problem (with you) is: you are yelling only that backup does not work, but what is not working??
Or what do you expect from the backup?

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:06 am

Well, your main problem is, to have misunderstud a few things, among the one, quoted above.
Out of the Box means OC, as it comes, by default only. And as soon as you start to add Extensions,
Themes, whatever, it's no longer out of the OC-Box, and OC Support is no longer responsible,
and/or able to assist. And it's not their duty, to check on 3rd. party Mods, but on Buyers, to make
sure, to select a competent Mod-Seller.

And your other problem is, that you're playing around with a BETA type Software Version, and
each one of those (OC Sub)Versions is still coded a little different, in addition to some technical
problems, which still seem to exist. But OC is not Microsoft, with hundreds of paid Testers, it's
actually a One Man Project, and it therefore relies on it's Users, to act as free Testers + Fault-
Reporters as well.

But you seemengly expected to download a widely tested and proven to work Software Version,
and you started to buy Extensions, before making sure, to have everything tested first. And so
far, you did not ever mention your .htaccess file content, which plays an important role,
to make internal linking work in the first place.

But better be aware, that OC is not comparable with anything else. And it does not come for free,
just to make it's Developer feel good, but to generate Knowledge, to find Misses, and to add Ideas,
in order to one day end up with a near-perfect Online Shop Software. It's the OC way of doing
Business, by so sharing Knowledge and Wisdom.

This just has to be understud, and accepted, and one does not have to pay a single Cent for OC,
and therefore has no right either, to complain about anything, when it comes to that Software
itself. Everything else would just be very unprofessional Dreaming, by expecting something,
which, in real Life at least, does not exist, by use of a Software, made for the sole Purpose, to
generate Income ...

But better don't take it personal, it's not gonna help. And for Newcomers, to possibly save
money, it might be better, to first check in the Extension Section, on what exists, possibly
even for free, before deciding on an OC Version, to be used with. And for older Version,
much more knowledge exists already, so, one doe not have to depend of Knowledge either,
partly not yet even existing for latest Versions.

But I am also aware of the Fact, that for Most, LATEST always means, to be BEST. And with OC,
likely, because they don't read first around here, before they even start, uploading Code. And
possibly also, because some of them are in a real hurry, to generate Cash asap, after they believe
to have found the perfect free Tool for that. To then be confronted with real Life Reality again,
and such usually hurts.

But OC is not a simple Smartphone App, and no WP-like free/paid Project either, but a very
comprehensive basic Piece of Framework Software, open for Everyone, willing and able to get
it to function, as planned. Free, or Paid, it only depends on what one is willing, and/or able, to
invest, on either time, or then cash. As I said above, like on real Earth too.

Good Luck, no offense !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm

This illustrates that OpenCart needs a more robust and simpler install system for 3rd party extensions, the typical multi-step installation procedure for an extension is too user-unfriendly. Another problem is the lack of proper vetting of extensions on the OpenCart marketplace. OpenCart itself uses an easy to understand MVC framework, but its XML-based modification systems used by many extensions are a horror.

To the original poster: What exactly isn't working with the backup?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member