Post by 227adriani » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:35 am

When I try to checkout and register an account I keep getting a 500 - Internal Server error. It happens after I've put in all the information, clicked on the privacy checkbox and then click on the Continue button.

I've read that it could be a permissions error but I've tripled checked the permissions from the installation documentation and they are correct. I'm not seeing anything in the error log either. It's hosted on my private virtual server which is a windows 2008 r2 server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by rgbrewer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 am

Most likely a modification you've added that doesn't work. Start by deleting any mods.

If you havent installed any, permissions error is still the #1 most likely thing.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:43 pm

227adriani wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:35 am
I've read that it could be a permissions error but I've tripled checked the permissions from the installation documentation and they are correct. I'm not seeing anything in the error log either. It's hosted on my private virtual server which is a windows 2008 r2 server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why would you choose Windows for a PHP site?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Only use Windows web hosting if a work organization inclines the request for it as many users within a domain may need to rely on a specific resource or software licensing tools that Linux may not provide due to its security settings. Otherwise, to host a website such as an e-commerce software, I always recommend Linux OSes.

As for reporting error activities, I would suggest to consult your IIS Logs and look for recent indexes of: 500 in the entries.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by keiron1992 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:51 am

Check your mail server settings in admin. This maybe caused by the registration email failing to send, had same problem myself when testing using a gmail account and I had entered the settings incorrectly, fastest way to rule this out is just remove the mail server details, test and see if it resolves the problem.

Location - Birmingham, West Midlands, Uk