Post by addfloor » Fri May 24, 2019 7:23 am

Hello there,

I need to add to my javascript, however, it is not showing it at all. It is working as intended in the browser, and shows the javascript there, but nowhere to be found in the product.twig.

I see it VERY briefly then it disappears.

Is there some setting I need to change?

Post by D3MO » Fri May 24, 2019 10:42 pm

Now read yourself what you asking:)) "I need to add to my javascript, however, it is not showing it at all. " you mean you want to add x javascript to x location and it do not shows? in order to answer your question you need a forum user with mentalist powers:)
addfloor wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:23 am
Hello there,

I need to add to my javascript, however, it is not showing it at all. It is working as intended in the browser, and shows the javascript there, but nowhere to be found in the product.twig.

I see it VERY briefly then it disappears.

Is there some setting I need to change?

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by HelloSail » Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 am

I'm sorry, but if you do not know how to debug javascript, please don't insert it in your shop..

Post by addfloor » Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 am

Im simply running into a problem where my edits in the twig files dissappear...yet still work live on site.

This has nothing to do with debugging javascript.

I thought it was just javascript not showing up in the TWIG file, but any edits I make disappear ( but are still live on site )

and why do you need mentalist powers?? I said..IN PRODUCT TWIG, I do not se my custom javascript anymore. There is no mind reading involed in that statement

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 pm

Your original posting is confusing.

Can you rephrase your problem description so others can understand the issue? And perhaps care to provide some more details, such as OC version used, extensions used, URLs etc.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Wed May 29, 2019 6:59 pm

and why do you need mentalist powers?? I said..IN PRODUCT TWIG, I do not se my custom javascript anymore. There is no mind reading involed in that statement
While this statement is not completely true, not only that the forum rules hasn't been followed regarding the details on the incident request you are enquiring about since the OC version and the URL that have not been posted, but also about the manner where developers tools that are integrated on each web browser in order to distinguish why the JS code may no longer show from the console tab which means that, by noticing and reading the facts and to analyze the source of the situation on a test environment, it does still require set of minds to read those guidelines.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by D3MO » Wed May 29, 2019 7:46 pm

He mentions that he still it on his live website no matter that he modifies the twig file, that leads to thinking that you after making changes on original twig do not refresh modifications cashe and in admin dashboard small cog icon top right section (there also has to be refreshed cashed files)

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by letxobnav » Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 pm

I think he is having trouble using the theme editor.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by addfloor » Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 am

Hello there,

thanks for all the replies.

Indeed, I am discussing the theme editor, which edits product.twig. I had added javascript to this file, and when I went back to it to update that javascript, it was no longer showing in the product.twig file. it disappeared. However, even though it was gone, the javascript still worked on the wesite.

I hope this clarified things, I apologize if it was confusing.

I did figure it out, sort of. While clearing the caches worked briefly, it didn't fix it completely, instead, it only shows up once I open the product.twig, close it, then open it in recent .twig file section. very weird.

Again, thanks for all the help.

as to forum rules, I had thought since this is posted in opencart 3.0 section, I didn't need that, i will remember next time for sure.

Post by letxobnav » Thu May 30, 2019 8:53 am

not sure what you are now editing where but if you use the theme editor ( which I kindly advice you should not ), that source code is stored in the database ( table theme ) and overrides ( not overwrites ) the original source code file. So the changes made in the theme editor are not reflected in the original file.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan