Post by jeanjeanjean » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:20 am

Hi everyone, I have something very specific I want to do with my site and I just wanted to see if anyone could give me any feedback or ideas. On top of shipping our products to customers, our site is displayed in our retail store on a kiosk so customers can browse and build a cart while in the store. I use a 'Printer-friendly' invoice extension so customers can print their cart (which is printed at my desk) so I can pick up items from our stock room and bring them to the register. This is fine, but the customers cart is left there unless it's manually cleared by the customer (I have an extension for this) after they print their invoice. Is there any way to make the cart clear as soon as the customer prints the invoice, or shortly after?

Post by kestas » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:48 am

jeanjeanjean wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:20 am
Hi everyone, I have something very specific I want to do with my site and I just wanted to see if anyone could give me any feedback or ideas. On top of shipping our products to customers, our site is displayed in our retail store on a kiosk so customers can browse and build a cart while in the store. I use a 'Printer-friendly' invoice extension so customers can print their cart (which is printed at my desk) so I can pick up items from our stock room and bring them to the register. This is fine, but the customers cart is left there unless it's manually cleared by the customer (I have an extension for this) after they print their invoice. Is there any way to make the cart clear as soon as the customer prints the invoice, or shortly after?
You have a lot of extensions for this environment, so you should ask that extensions developers first how resolve your issue.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by jeanjeanjean » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:05 am

kestas wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:48 am
jeanjeanjean wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:20 am
You have a lot of extensions for this environment, so you should ask that extensions developers first how resolve your issue.
I've reached out to the extension developers but they're only willing to help if I pay. Clearly it's something that can be set to a button (the Clear Cart extension I mentioned) so I wanted to ask the community if they've done anything automated like this before I consider opening my wallet.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Maybe on the page you get to after printing or on printing you could add:

Code: Select all

session_destroy();
But of course as always it will be a bit more tricky than just that.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom