Post by Mr.Pikatchu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi,
I have OC 3.0.2 default theme and I'm having a problem with the weight estimate popup that should show when I click on shopping cart > calculate shipping costs. It shows perfectly well in my default language (Portuguese) but not in my second language (French). I tried to remplace all French language folders with the Portuguese ones but the problem remained. The automatic weight calculation works for both languages during the checkout process. I haven't found a solution on this forum so far and hope someone will be able to help me.

Post by opencartmart » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:11 pm

What did you mean by NOT work?
It could be caused if you put chars incorrectly that breaks the php code. To pin point the issue properly, first enable php `display error` option, then grab the error message and paste here

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by Mr.Pikatchu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:28 pm

opencartmart wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:11 pm
What did you mean by NOT work?
It could be caused if you put chars incorrectly that breaks the php code. To pin point the issue properly, first enable php `display error` option, then grab the error message and paste here
index.php?route=checkout/cart:494 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier (I got this message from my browser through the inspect function)
I wasn't able to view any php error, I pasted this in .htaccess
php_flag display_startup_errors on
php_flag display_errors on
But nothing happens when I push the button. And like I said this error only shows up in French not in my default language Portuguese and it shows before even pushing the shipping estimate button.

Post by opencartmart » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:36 am

Instead of adding to .httaccess file, add following lines to the file index.php file right after `define('VERSION', '3.x.x.x');` line

Code: Select all

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);
Now check if it display php error message

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by Mr.Pikatchu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:17 pm

opencartmart wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:36 am
Instead of adding to .httaccess file, add following lines to the file index.php file right after `define('VERSION', '3.x.x.x');` line

Code: Select all

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);
Now check if it display php error message
It did not work either but I found more info with the chrome inspect tool when I clicked on the "index.php?route=checkout/cart:425" link.
The error is this:
html += ' <h4 class="modal-title">Sélectionnez la méthode d'expédition préférée à utiliser pour cette commande.</h4>';
I always use this \' instead of ' when I need an apostrophe in French it works everywhere else but doesn't seem to work in this particular case. I changed the text the language/fr-Fr/checkout/checkout.php and cleared all caches but the changes weren't applied. Any ideas why?