Post by booktrader » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 pm

hello, i am using opencart 3.0.3.2
i want to make some changes in some modules, for example, modules/special
when i change catalog/view/theme/default/template/extensions/module/special.twig no problem, i can see the changes in the front. but when i try to change to controller (catalog/controller/extensions/module/special.php) nothing changes on front, even if i make the controller file empty, site runs same.
i m in developer mode.
what am i missing?

Post by thekrotek » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:56 pm

First of all, there's no developer mode. Second, if you don't see the changes - refresh modification cache. And the last, but not the least - don't change core files, use OCMod/VQmod.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by booktrader » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:15 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:56 pm
First of all, there's no developer mode. Second, if you don't see the changes - refresh modification cache. And the last, but not the least - don't change core files, use OCMod/VQmod.
Thanks for your answer.
Developer mode, i mean, in the dashboard, there is a setting for disabling theme and css caches, they are off.
second; i see nothing in the modifications, also tried to refresh it, but nothing changed again.
yes you are right, changing core files is not a good way for modifications but i m new on opencart, no time to learn writing new extensions, after i make page up and running i will create my theme and extension.

but still i dont see changes. isnt it the right controller file? when i delete controller, page still works?

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:46 pm

i m new on opencart, no time to learn writing new extensions, after i make page up and running i will create my theme and extension.
Then, creating event files as a module is still a quick way to start while learning its process. Core files should still not be modified due to these recent possibilities with OC v3+ releases. In addition, free extensions are available on the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON