Post by 9t9sol » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:17 pm

hi, hope you are doing good, i am working on a project in which i need to have two websites with same products, but only difference is price, like for USA prices should be in Dollars $ , and for rest of world prices should be in default currency, i want to have an idea for this, should i go for two different websites and restrict or load the sites by check the visitors IP, or there is an other possibility in OC that i much easy and only use one DB.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:20 pm

You can create a modification, which will display another price. If you want to only display in on product page, it's simple. But the more places you want it at, the more complex will be your modification.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by cedcommerceteam » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:46 pm

9t9sol wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:17 pm
hi, hope you are doing good, i am working on a project in which i need to have two websites with same products, but only difference is price, like for USA prices should be in Dollars $ , and for rest of world prices should be in default currency, i want to have an idea for this, should i go for two different websites and restrict or load the sites by check the visitors IP, or there is an other possibility in OC that i much easy and only use one DB.
Hi,
This is not possible by default opencart multi-store system because there is only one price field
Though you can achieve this by some custom settings
Like you can create 2 store with desired currency settings
Then create different user groups on both store like Group store 1 and Group store 2
Then you can add different Prices in Discount tab for each group and it will reflect as 2 different prices for 2 stores on frontend

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com
Webinar : Power up Your holiday season marketing with the Automation tool

Post by letxobnav » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:26 pm

you can force currency based on country based on ip but that will often be inaccurate as ip addresses change country when they are sold between ISPs of different countries as they often are. Unless you use some real-time ip lookup service which will slow your requests massively (and still lag in accuracy).

I set the default currency based on the local ip to nations database but that is only for the default currency (first page load) so I do not care if that is not accurate.
In other words, I do not care if I sometimes incorrectly identify an ip to be from the US and give it USD as default when in fact the ip is actually from Spain and should get EUR.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan