Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:52 pm

Is it possible to show the flat shipping rate at order total by default?
I don't want customers to go through the entire process of register, login, filling in addresses and all other details, only to find out about the store shipping costs at the end of the checkout. They will probably leave the store, because that is what I would do in their case. I can't use "Estimated shipping" because customers have to enter their location first and shipping costs are the same all over the country. I want to make the checkout process as quick as possible.

Post by by mona » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:55 am

Screen-Shot-2020-02-22b.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-02-22b.jpg (67.95 KiB) Viewed 621 times

Screen-Shot-2020-02-22e.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-02-22e.jpg (39.45 KiB) Viewed 613 times

Personally I always look in the footer on others websites
so why not add an information page about shipping in your footer?
Screen-Shot-2020-02-22f.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-02-22f.jpg (17.53 KiB) Viewed 613 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:35 am

Already added shipping information to the footer 8)

The problem is that taxes also have to be calculated over shipping costs, that's how taxes and shipping are handled in my home country.

Post by by mona » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:17 am

and ?

I am sorry I do not understand your problem.
a?. We also have tax on shipping, either way it is just a matter of correct settings
You might find this helpful
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=214760

b?. You can write Standard Shipping Cost $15 (inc tax)

What you are asking for can be done and you can post in the commercial section to get it done, but pointless and unnecessary. Remove the estimate shipping if that bothers you. You need an address to send goods, so that has to be filled in - but has absolutely nothing to do with your “problem". As I understand all you want to do is to tell the customers how much your shipping is ... and do not want customers to fill in a box to tell them - reasonable request !

I have a nice mod that will let you add a banner / icon / whatever to tell them whatever you want .. wherever you want if that is really what you want to do.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:40 am

I have an Automatic Shipping extension that is designed for this. Once products are added to the cart, it runs the shipping costs in the background and will apply them to the order. Customers should be able to see the cost on the order just like if they ran the shipping estimator themselves.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:21 am

Thanks.
I'll wait a little longer, just in case I find a free solution anytime soon.
If I don't I might need this!