Post by mmrc » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi

Sorry for all the posts but I am new to OC.

Is it possible to configure OC so it only takes payment (eg; via Paypal, Worldpay etc) based on the order status.

I would like to be able to take orders on my shop but only when the order status is complete. For some items they are made to order and I only want to take payment when the item has been made and is ready to ship

Regards

Rob

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Not by default but you should search the extension store.

If you can't find anything there you should post a paid job in Commercial Support.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by letxobnav » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:22 pm

I would like to be able to take orders on my shop but only when the order status is complete.
This makes no sense, even as a sentence, so I assume you mean:
I would like to be able to take orders on my shop but only charge when the order status is complete.
For some items they are made to order and I only want to take payment when the item has been made and is ready to ship.
This makes no business sense, anybody can place an order, you make it and subsequently never hear from the customer again.
Why not simply use cash on delivery or only claim the paypal payment when you are ready or do you want to contact the customer and ask that he signs on to paypal when you are ready to ship?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Payments by authorization could also be another way.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON