Post by RYoder97 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am

OC 3.0.3.2.

I had a carousel and featured products on my homepage. Went on my phone into the admin panel. Added a new product on my mobile device. And now my modules don't work. None of them. My homepage is now blank besides header and footer.

I went back into admin panel on my laptop; Every module is now uninstalled/disabled. I hit the "+" but none of them will re-install.

What is going on here? I refreshed my cache and refreshed modifications but it still hasn't been fixed. Any ideas guys?

Post by letxobnav » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:42 am

a look at your error logs might help.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by RYoder97 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Good idea. I forgot there was a link for that on the sidebar. However, my last errors are from 3 days ago. Nothing immediately following these events.

And I can confirm it is happening consistently on mobile. Which sucks because I may want to tweak my site a bit on the go away from my laptop. Is there an OC Github to report this issue so it may be fixed?

Post by letxobnav » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:53 pm

suggest you look beyond the OC error log and have a look in the php error log.

If you think it is a bug, then by all means, post it on OC Giddyup.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:54 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:53 pm
suggest you look beyond the OC error log and have a look in the php error log.
Those can be found:
{webroot}/error_log
{webroot}/admin/error_log

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:53 pm
If you think it is a bug, then by all means, post it on OC Giddyup.
Unlikely really, especially as you seem to have various things installed.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by RYoder97 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:36 am

I checked all the other logs. Still nothing. Just an error from a couple days ago. I will say I haven't noticed this issue until today so maybe that was the start of it.

Code: Select all

Mon Mar 16 04:20:30.066259 2020] [core:crit] [pid 672838:tid 47832721532672] (13)Permission denied: [client 163.172.198.5:43420] AH00529: /home/xbitx102/public_html/admin/controller/extension/module/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/xbitx102/public_html/admin/controller/extension/module/' is executable

This looks like it could be related at least, because it's mentioning the module directory.

Other things I've tried:
-Uninstalling Materialize theme

Still have the problem after that. That theme, Square, and Stripe are the only modifications I've made besides editing the twig files, and ONLY the twig files. Not messing with the control/model in either catalog or admin. And both Square and Stripe have been installed for longer than a few days, so I doubt they are causing the issue.

Have you guys ever experienced a similar issue though? I still get the green error message saying that modules have been changed or modified. I see the modules in the database and they seem okay.

What do you guys think would cause OC to think they aren't installed and still display the install button, yet it has a status of enabled?

Post by letxobnav » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:35 am

you have an .htaccess in /home/xbitx102/public_html/admin/controller/extension/module/?
If so, why?
make sure your webserver can read it or rename it.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by ravikumar22 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:00 pm

RYoder97 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am
OC 3.0.3.2.

I had a carousel and featured products on my homepage. Went on my phone into the admin panel. Added a new product on my mobile device. And now my modules don't work. None of them. My homepage is now blank besides header and footer.

I went back into admin panel on my laptop; Every module is now uninstalled/disabled. I hit the "+" but none of them will re-install.

What is going on here? I refreshed my cache and refreshed modifications but it still hasn't been fixed. Any ideas guys?
I know this issue with product I have alrerady faced. its happen due to image resize limit of product. try removing that image for "image folder it will solve the issue. actually there is limit of resizing of image in php when you upload large size image and opencart code cann't resize that image to show on frontend or any page it does happen. let me know if it sill didn't solve your problem.

For Quick Professional Support Contact:
https://devinlabs.com/

:) :D :( :o OpenCart Support | Please email at: devinlabsolutions@gmail.com :drunk: :laugh: :)

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 pm

RYoder97 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:36 am
the only modifications I've made besides editing the twig files, and ONLY the twig files
Did you modify the files directly? Or did you change them via the admin?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by RYoder97 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Update: I'm unsure about the .htaccess in my modules folder. I didn't put it there, and I'm unsure how it got there.

Anyways, I realized my host offered Acronis Backup; so I restored a snapshot of my site from a few days prior, just before the incident occurred. It had to do with my theme corrupting the database somehow. I'm not sure how. But I just did a manual backup once I got everything back up and running and the theme re-installed and configured.