Post by JacoJVR » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:21 am

Hi

Can anyone suggest a SEO URL Plugin that i can install for page SEO URL and that is compatible with themes, because the one's on market place that is free doesn't work.

https://www.jvrsolutions.co.za/

Thank you

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:56 pm

JacoJVR wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:21 am
Can anyone suggest a SEO URL Plugin
What are your key requirements?

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by JacoJVR » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi

My Main requirement is SEO URL for my page, because opencart already provide that for category and products, i just need to change the rest, something basic.

Thanks

Post by letxobnav » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 pm

OC already provides SEO url settings for product, category, manufacturer and information pages.
On top of that you can set any SEO url for separate routes via design->seo url

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by JacoJVR » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi

If i go to design and seo url and try to change let say accounts or accounts login it does not change, the people that i bought my theme through extension bazaar said i need a SEO module to do that. Just for information i'm running v 3.0
I also downloaded a Extension with is available on market place called SEO Friendly URL , but that also doesn't work. I'm trying to get hold of the creators with is Dotbox but no one is coming back to me so i will wait. But in the meantime if some one can give me a alternative i will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Post by letxobnav » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:50 am

ah, it needs a little change:

in catalog/controller/startup/seo_url.php
function: public function rewrite($link)

replace this part:

Code: Select all

foreach ($data as $key => $value) {
			if (isset($data['route'])) {
				if (($data['route'] == 'product/product' && $key == 'product_id') || (($data['route'] == 'product/manufacturer/info' || $data['route'] == 'product/product') && $key == 'manufacturer_id') || ($data['route'] == 'information/information' && $key == 'information_id')) {
					$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "seo_url WHERE `query` = '" . $this->db->escape($key . '=' . (int)$value) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' AND language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'");

if ($query->num_rows && $query->row['keyword']) {
						$url .= '/' . $query->row['keyword'];

unset($data[$key]);
					}
				} elseif ($key == 'path') {
					$categories = explode('_', $value);

foreach ($categories as $category) {
						$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "seo_url WHERE `query` = 'category_id=" . (int)$category . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' AND language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'");

} else {
							$url = '';

break;
						}
					}

unset($data[$key]);
				}
			}
		}
with this:

foreach ($data as $key => $value) {
			if (isset($data['route'])) {
				if (($data['route'] == 'product/product' && $key == 'product_id') || (($data['route'] == 'product/manufacturer/info' || $data['route'] == 'product/product') && $key == 'manufacturer_id') || ($data['route'] == 'information/information' && $key == 'information_id')) {
					$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "seo_url WHERE `query` = '" . $this->db->escape($key . '=' . (int)$value) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' AND language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'");

unset($data[$key]);
					}
				} elseif ($key == 'path') {
					$categories = explode('_', $value);

foreach ($categories as $category) {
						$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "seo_url WHERE `query` = 'category_id=" . (int)$category . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' AND language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'");

} else {
							$url = '';

break;
						}
					}

unset($data[$key]);
				} elseif ($key == 'route') {
					$sql = "SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "seo_url WHERE `query` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' AND language_id = '" . $this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'";
					$query = $this->db->query($sql);
					if ($query->num_rows) {
						if ($url != '/') $url .= '/';
						$url .= $query->row['keyword'];
						unset($data[$key]);
					}
				}
			}
		}
it only adds the last elseif statement.
then you can enter routes in design->seo url

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by letxobnav » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:00 am

Just remember, if you put SEO urls on pages which should not be indexed by search engines, basically all pages with routes account/* and checkout/* then you will have to list all those creative urls in your robots.txt file unless you set dynamic x-robots headers and/or robots meta tags as well.

As I said before, making those urls SEO is not only useless but also a lot of extra work.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by JacoJVR » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:47 am

Ok

Thank you very much, so i just want to make sure, what you saying it is useless to change the URL for root directories like accounts and account login because there is a lot of work involve.
I have a blog on my page but that url does not want to change and a testimonial section would you change that. I just asking for advice.
If i copy this section on top and paste it in where you said will change the blog and testimonial sections, because that is basically the only pages i do want to change.

Thank you

Post by letxobnav » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:32 am

yes, blog pages you can change to seo as those you want indexed.
what is their current url?

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by fegdeed » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:33 am

Did you try the extension in this link https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... _license=0 ?

Post by JacoJVR » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:48 am

Hi

Yes i did try it but they could help, they want to charge me 50$ to fix my problem, affortitly in my country that is a lot of money for me and i do understand that everyone needs to make money so my budget for extension is around 30$ for now.

Post by JacoJVR » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 am

Hi Letxobnav

the current URL Is https://www.jvrsolutions.co.za/index.ph ... eblog/home and i want to change it to jvrsolutions.co.za/ My_Blog

Post by fegdeed » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:27 am

Once you install the extension, you can change it by yourself...
Go to Design, select Seo Url, and click on the + sign on top. In the Query box, type extension/eblog/home and in the Keyword box, type My_Blog, and click on the save sign on top. Go to Extensions, select modifications, and refresh modifications. Also, on the dashboard clear both theme and sas caches.

Post by letxobnav » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 am

the current URL Is https://www.jvrsolutions.co.za/index.ph ... eblog/home and i want to change it to jvrsolutions.co.za/ My_Blog
if you make the change as stated above then in design->seo url you can add a record:
query = extension/eblog/home
keyword = My_Blog

then the link would become https://www.jvrsolutions.co.za/My_Blog

they want to charge me 50$ to fix my problem
that is a free extension and does about the same, it just adds some useless admin advertizing iframe crap with it.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by fegdeed » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:15 am

You can remove the advertising iframe by Systems > Users > User Groups > Administrator and unchecking extensions/module/saintnet extensions under Access Permission.

Post by letxobnav » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:16 pm

well, better use this as that added elseif will add a truckload (+-50%) of unnecessary queries.

} elseif (!in_array($data['route'],array('common/language/language','common/currency/currency','product/product','product/category','product/manufacturer/info','information/information'))) {
					// all other cases for just route settings & eliminating unnecessary queries
					if ($key == 'route') {
						// no need to query root
						if ($value == 'common/home') {
							$url = '/';
						} else {
							$sql = "SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "seo_url WHERE `query` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' AND language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'";
							$query = $this->db->query($sql);
							if ($query->num_rows) {
								if ($url != '/') $url .= '/';
								$url .= $query->row['keyword'];
								unset($data[$key]);
							}
						}
					}
Last edited by letxobnav on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by letxobnav » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm

and if you do not use seo urls for account and checkout pages (as you shouldn't) you can save even more queries with:

} elseif (!strstr($data['route'],'checkout/') && !strstr($data['route'],'account/') && !in_array($data['route'],array('common/search','common/language/language','common/currency/currency','product/product','product/category','product/manufacturer/info','information/information'))) {

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by cedcommerceteam » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:46 pm

JacoJVR wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:21 am
Hi

Can anyone suggest a SEO URL Plugin that i can install for page SEO URL and that is compatible with themes, because the one's on market place that is free doesn't work.

https://www.jvrsolutions.co.za/

Thank you
1-Login to your OpenCart admin panel.
2-Navigate to System > Settings and click the "Edit" link.
3-On the "Server" tab, set "Use SEO URL’s" to "Yes" and save the changes.
4-Connect to your server via FTP using any FTP client (e.g. FileZilla)
5-In your main OpenCart directory, there should be a file called .htaccess.txt. Rename it to .htaccess. If you already have an .htaccess file, add this code at the end of the file:

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
# If your opencart installation does not run on the main web folder make sure you folder it does run in ie. / becomes /shop/ 

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]
6-If your store is in a separate directory (e.g. "shop"), open the .htaccess file in a text editor and look for this line:

RewriteBase /

If your shop is installed in a directory called “shop“, for example, change the above line in the .htaccess file to:

RewriteBase /shop/

Remember to put the slash (/) at the end. Otherwise the SEO URLs will not work with OpenCart.
Last edited by straightlight on Thu May 14, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com