Post by sparkitsupport » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi,
I have encountered a bit of a head scratching issue, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I purchased a modification that works fine. I can upload it and see it in my modifications list, all good.

I need to make a very slight javascript change to the modification but this is were things go wrong . All I have done is found where I need to make the change in "install.xml", changed my one line, saved and zipped the whole modification again. The modification then uploads fine on the installer page but will not show up on the modifications list, even after refreshing.

All files folders are of the correct structure. Naming conventions are also correct. Can changes only be made by the creator of the modification? If so, how does that work? I may need to make further changes and going backwards and forwards with the original creator would not be an option.

Things I have tried:
1) Delete my changed modification, re-upload the original. This works and I can see the original modification in the modification list.
2) Unzip the original modification, zip it with no changes and call it the exact same name and upload. This uploads but does not show in the modification list.
3) Try step 2 but on a Windows machine in case its something weird to do with archiving on a mac. Did not work.

I'm stumped. Is there something really obvious I could have missed? Cheers.

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm

This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > General Support section of the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sparkitsupport » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi,

Whilst I still cannot work this one out, I am now using "Modification Manager" which does what I need so please close this thread.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:35 pm

sparkitsupport wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 pm
I am now using "Modification Manager" which does what I need so please close this thread.
Marked [SOLVED]

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom