Post by kennyp » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi:

I just installed OpenCart and set it up with PayPal. It's working perfectly on my PC, but when I try to "add to cart" any item on my iPhone, it consistently sends up a message saying "error undefined. Close." Does it work on phones?

Thanks
Kenny

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:16 pm

kennyp wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Hi:

I just installed OpenCart and set it up with PayPal. It's working perfectly on my PC, but when I try to "add to cart" any item on my iPhone, it consistently sends up a message saying "error undefined. Close." Does it work on phones?

Thanks
Kenny
Hi Kenny
need more information OC version? Which theme?
it could be more helpful if you share the site url

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by jrr » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:16 pm
kennyp wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Hi:

Thanks
Kenny
Hi Kenny
need more information OC version? Which theme?
it could be more helpful if you share the site url
I just tried my test OC 3.0.3.6 web site on my iPhone 6 (OS 13.6) and it too put up a window (see screen shot) that said "error undefined".
This is the default OC, no extensions added yet, still running basic tests on conversion.

Test site (which will be up and down at random) is https://www.flippers.com/catalog_oc_3036. Please don't buy anything shown- they do exist on my real store.

It does work fine on my desktop with FireFox 79.0 (Mac OS 10.13.6).

I'd say this is a bug!

Attachments

IMG_4124.PNG

IMG_4124.PNG (748.57 KiB) Viewed 5873 times

jrr

Post by jrr » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:26 am

Hmm, just tried it again, and it accepted the addition to the shopping cart....annoying! Also added subsequent items. Will close the Safari browser window and try again...
And now I can't get it to fail.
Must be something to do with caching on the iPhone I suspect...

jrr

Post by kenny2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:40 am

Thank you for your reply khnaz35.
The site url is https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/keyboards/
However, as I said, "add to cart" works fine on my PC, but not on my iPhone, where instead I get "error undefined," just like the screenshot in the other post.

Thanks again
Kenny

Post by sw!tch » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:46 am

You will run into CORS by directly accessing via www if that's not set in your config..

Try not accessing your site using
and try using
You need an .htaccess redirect for www to non www.

or update your config to use www if that's what you prefer, either way you will need a redirect for www or non www.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by kenny2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:04 am

Thanks very much switch. That was the problem. Now OpenCart's "add to cart" works perfectly on my iPhone as well as it does on my PC.

Thanks again,

Kenny

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Other than the possible CORS issues, I noticed from other users experiences that iPhone's Safari browser can be more cumbersome in general. E.g. when developing a theme for OpenCart, make sure to test it separately with an iPhone device, too, in addition to Android, Windows, or Linux devices. Some standard events in iPhone's Safari browser fire up differently, and the Safari autofill function has issues.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by jrr » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:55 am

sw!tch wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:46 am
You will run into CORS by directly accessing via www if that's not set in your config..
Could you expand the "CORS" acronym please? I am not familiar with it.

Thanks!

jrr

Post by by mona » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:46 am

Could you expand the "CORS" acronym please?
https://www.codecademy.com/articles/what-is-cors

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member