Post by SteeveBald » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:52 pm

Hello, I am posting this message for some help, when I go to the contact page it show me the success message before I fill and validate the contact form.
before that I had the problem of the success message not showing after validating the form, I used the straightlight method available here too correct that problem viewtopic.php?f=201&t=199112#p701724

I removed all change of straightlight but the problem remain.

I cleared the cache multiple time on the Administration but nothing....
If anyone of you have an idea about this?

I uploaded the file
catalog\controller\information\contact.php
and
catalog\view\theme\default\template\information\contact.twig
Available here https://gofile.io/d/Blpdn4

Thanks everyone

Post by letxobnav » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:00 pm

you have to clarify how you made the previous changes and how your removed them.
I.e. you used ocmod or core change or theme editor or vqmod or whatever to first figure out which files are actually executing.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by SteeveBald » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:25 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:00 pm
you have to clarify how you made the previous changes and how your removed them.
I.e. you used ocmod or core change or theme editor or vqmod or whatever to first figure out which files are actually executing.
Hi, made the modification by editing manualy thoses files (core change) I removed the change made by uploading original files from OC 3.0.3.3 zip file

Post by letxobnav » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 pm

so you do not have a catalog\controller\information\contact.php file or a catalog\view\theme\default\template\information\contact.twig file in you modification directory and you have no information/contact route entry in your theme table?

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by SteeveBald » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:12 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 pm
so you do not have a catalog\controller\information\contact.php file or a catalog\view\theme\default\template\information\contact.twig file in you modification directory and you have no information/contact route entry in your theme table?
I have contact.php and contact.twig in my modification directory because of a custom template but no code was added inside except from the template itself.
I think I have information/contact route entry in your theme table, but how can I check this one?

Post by letxobnav » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:26 pm

execution of files is straightforward.
OC executes the core php file unless it finds the same file in your modification directory, then it executes that one.
OC executes the core twig file unless it finds the same file in your modification directory, then it executes that one unless it finds the same file in your theme table, then it executes that one.

so when you have made changes to a file via ocmod and/or the theme editor, any changes you make to the core file are futile.
Last edited by letxobnav on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by SteeveBald » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:28 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:26 pm
execution of files is straightforward.
OC executes the core php file unless it finds the same file in your modification directory, then it executes that one.
OC executes the core twig file unless it finds the same file in your modification directory, then it executes that one unless it finds the same file in your theme table, then it executes that one.
Ok, all of the file are not present in my theme directory so he use the files in the Default theme

I just reupload all files and it seems to work now.
When I click on the contact page the success message didn't show up and when I validate the Form the success message didn't show up.

Now I'm back again to make the Success message to show up after validation of the contact form