Post by jorem » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:57 pm

OC 3.0.3.6
Have option Date and Time as required. In confirmation mail to customer, the time stamp shows. In mail to shop owner, it's missing. Since there's a reason that customers need to tell date and time, the shop owner very much want to know this without the need of logging in to admin. How can I make so that date and time will be included even in the mail he gets?

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:43 am

jorem wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:57 pm
OC 3.0.3.6
Have option Date and Time as required. In confirmation mail to customer, the time stamp shows. In mail to shop owner, it's missing. Since there's a reason that customers need to tell date and time, the shop owner very much want to know this without the need of logging in to admin. How can I make so that date and time will be included even in the mail he gets?
Are you referring to custom fields?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jorem » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:43 am
Are you referring to custom fields?
Eh...no? I don't know if it's "custom". It's the option under Catalog/Options named "Date & Time" which I have then selected under Catalog/Products/the_product/Option. I assume it's just OC vanilla and whatever day and time customer chose ought to be included not only in the mail to the same customer but also in the mail to the shop owner. No?

Danne
----------------------------
https://proformica.com

Post by sw!tch » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:15 am

If its a product option and you are missing it in the admin order alert email the fix is here.
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=204440#p727281

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Location - USA

Post by abretado » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 am

The opencart version would help your cause.
See if this applies to you:
Check to see if the following is in your order_alert.twig located at catalog/view/theme/default/template/mail/order_alert.twig

Code: Select all

{{ text_date_added }} {{ date_added }}
Go to catalog/language/en-gb/en-gb.php
Locate and ensure the date and time format is correct to how you want to display the time stamp. The following will display the date and 24hour time:

Code: Select all

$_['date_format_short']     =  'm/d/Y H:i:s';