Post by planorich » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:52 am

I just installed the current version of Opencart (3.0.3.6) on Windows 10 using XAMPP. Everything went smoothly except the product images do not appear in the store or admin. I have checked my paths in config.php and they are correct. The banners and manufacturer images are working fine. Just the product images are not being created in the cache. I am not sure if the install process creates the images with the size suffix or if they are created the first time a page requests the image. Either way, they are not in the cache. Please help.
Last edited by planorich on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:01 am

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by planorich » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:40 am

The version of XAMPP that I was using included PHP 8.0. I uninstalled XAMPP and installed XAMPP (Windows x64, PHP 7.3.25, VC15). I installed the current version of Opencart (3.0.3.6) and all images are now working. Apparently, the current version of Opencart has a problem with PHP 8.0. I am not skilled enough yet with PHP and Opencart to find the bug. Thanks for everyone's help.

Location - Netherlands