Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:21 am

I need just 3 simple shipping options for orders
UK - Europe - Rest of world.

The flat rate shipping, setting UK geozone shipping works perfect for UK
How might it be possible to replicate the flat rate shipping 2 more times for europe and rest of world.

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:40 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:21 am
I need just 3 simple shipping options for orders
UK - Europe - Rest of world.

The flat rate shipping, setting UK geozone shipping works perfect for UK
How might it be possible to replicate the flat rate shipping 2 more times for europe and rest of world.
Unless there's serviceability list, you could add two more options on the same shipping extension module instead of duplicating the same extension two more times.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 am

That is a great suggestion
whether I can manage it we will see :-)
Thanks straightlight

Location - Wales

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:22 am

Whlle straighlights suggestion looks maybe a little beyond my current capability
I found a free extension called 10 Clone Flat Rate, while the documentation is horrendous, I worked it out.
Just copy the .php files in the folders in the zip to the EXACT corresponding folder on your server with opencart.
While maybe not the most elegant and optimal solution it has worked perfectly for what I need especially with geozones set up with it.
Once the .php files are copied into the relevant folders the new flat rate 1 becomes available for install in extensions/shipping

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:50 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:22 am
Whlle straighlights suggestion looks maybe a little beyond my current capability
I found a free extension called 10 Clone Flat Rate, while the documentation is horrendous, I worked it out.
Just copy the .php files in the folders in the zip to the EXACT corresponding folder on your server with opencart.
While maybe not the most elegant and optimal solution it has worked perfectly for what I need especially with geozones set up with it.
Once the .php files are copied into the relevant folders the new flat rate 1 becomes available for install in extensions/shipping
I would not suggest this solution since doing so might interfere with other extensions installed on the store. Better to adapt to Events or OCMod would be the right course of action especially since there are no information in details regarding what and the type of extensions the OP user might be using already.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:15 am

Well I will test this solution thoroughly and I will see.
So far everything is perfect and I can see absolutely nothing in the code, which are simple replications of the standard flat fee shipping with appropriate adaptation. Also there is a paid extension which also does exactly this. it is highly rated. If I run into some problem I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say you were right. We won't know if I don't give it a go :-)

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:15 am
Well I will test this solution thoroughly and I will see.
So far everything is perfect and I can see absolutely nothing in the code, which are simple replications of the standard flat fee shipping with appropriate adaptation. Also there is a paid extension which also does exactly this. it is highly rated. If I run into some problem I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say you were right. We won't know if I don't give it a go :-)
Regardless how a rating can be set on the Marketplace, that is still user defined. What my previous post addresses about is the fact that you were suggesting to modify core files while extensions could be used instead.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 pm

NO files were modified during the making of this solution.
Files were added and act exactly like an extension and are installable from extensions/shipping in the dashboard.
and after some pretty extensive testing everything is still working perfect and the shop owner is very happy

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:31 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 pm
NO files were modified during the making of this solution.
Files were added and act exactly like an extension and are installable from extensions/shipping in the dashboard.
and after some pretty extensive testing everything is still working perfect and the shop owner is very happy
extension/shipping should be used as an installer; not directly into core folders. It's good to know, at least, that it works but the point here is that it's not the right example to provide as a solution since OCMod can be used for those events.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:36 pm

Well I will agree with you because your OC experience and expertise is way ahead of mine .
But sometimes the simplist things work best and I always look for simple solutions where possible.

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:36 pm
Well I will agree with you because your OC experience and expertise is way ahead of mine .
But sometimes the simplist things work best and I always look for simple solutions where possible.
And the reason why I am addressing these is for users to understand that these solutions rarely can be foreseen as simple due to other extensions that might be installed on the stores.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm

From an OC point of view and as a php developer that code is not going to harm ANYTHING in any possible way.
Download the zip file and look for yourself.
It does negate the need for a paid extension though I suppose.

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:28 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm
From an OC point of view and as a php developer that code is not going to harm ANYTHING in any possible way.
Download the zip file and look for yourself.
It does negate the need for a paid extension though I suppose.
It does not require a paid extension to build an installer.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:36 pm

You are right
I'm still going with this though until I understand OC more completely.

Location - Wales