Post by marinhio » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi
from july, 1st 2021 all european shops need to show the right tax rate, no problem with the tax rate based on shipping adress. ;D
If the customer is not logged in my shop should show prices based on my local tax rate (based on store location) and if the customer is logged on it should take the tax rate based on shipping adress.
Now i have both on my bill. Googled a lot but did not find the solution.
Does anybody solves this problem?

Thankx in advance
Last edited by marinhio on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:54 am

marinhio wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 pm
Now i have both on my bill.
Your question is a bit hard to understand
Have you set address in shop settings use customer tax address
and for not logged in customer use STORE ADDRESS

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:03 am

marinhio wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 pm
Hi
from july, 1st 2021 all european shops need to show the right tax rate, no problem with the tax rate based on shipping adress. ;D
If the customer is not logged in my shop should show prices based on my local tax rate (based on store location) and if the customer is logged on it should take the tax rate based on shipping adress.
Now i have both on my bill. Googled a lot but did not find the solution.
Does anybody solves this problem?

Thankx in advance

Marinhio
While the OC version has not been posted, where does it refer such restrictions for the tax rate by this datetime? Any official URLs you could address?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:59 am

I believe the OP user is referring to these types of articles: https://www.internationaltaxreview.com/ ... -july-2021 .
From July 1 2021, in such situations, service providers will be able to use the OSS to remit the VAT due to the local VAT authorities instead of having to register for VAT.
To answer the question, since Service Providers will be used by the indicated time, it is then under the store owner's responsibility to follow these claims by using a reliable service provider that will provide those services. In the mean time, extensions might be dealt with by then.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by marinhio » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:54 am
marinhio wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 pm
Now i have both on my bill.
Your question is a bit hard to understand
Have you set address in shop settings use customer tax address
and for not logged in customer use STORE ADDRESS
thank you straightlight and mikeinterserv for quick reply

i try to explain my problem

Opencart 3.0.3.2

system > settings > local i set the right country in my case croatia

at localisation > taxes > tax rates i put in the right countrys and the percent

at localisation > taxes > tax classes i created one and set 2 Tax Rates one for the local
PDV (Croatia)10% based on local adress and
MWST (Germany) 7% based on shipping adress

pdv is for the non logged user
mwst should be for the logged in user and overwrite the pdv

in my cart i have now 2 taxes pdv + mwst ???

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:19 am

What you'd need is an extension order total that would overwrite one tax rate over the other when the case is present as the above.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:29 am

Well I think you can do this without any extensions
I think you need to set TAXES and GEOZONES and SHIPPING - CORRECTLY and it will work how you want.
You have got 2 TAXES because the ADDReSS is in 2 GEOZONES or the SAME GEOZONE

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by marinhio » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:29 am
Well I think you can do this without any extensions
I think you need to set TAXES and GEOZONES and SHIPPING - CORRECTLY and it will work how you want.
You have got 2 TAXES because the ADDReSS is in 2 GEOZONES or the SAME GEOZONE
at tax classes i got two tax RATES, because at product i am only able to choose one tax class
so store local tax rate has to be inside too?
shipping is defined too

Maybe its a logic problem, but the local tax rate should be overwriten by the logged in user tax rate
and that is not possible by now, it shows permanently the store tax AND the User country Tax
BOTH in the same cart ???

am I making a mistake somewhere?

site is babaluca.eu

try to checkout as guest put in you are from "germany" and you see what i mean

I hope very much that we can manage that, in the near future there will really be a lot of european open-cart systems that have to implement it ::)

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar

Post by marinhio » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:20 pm

I send the login data via pm if needed

It's not about letting you do the work now
but before quite a few shop owners come here with the same question, we could solve it in advance ;D

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 pm

marinhio wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:20 pm
I send the login data via pm if needed

It's not about letting you do the work now
but before quite a few shop owners come here with the same question, we could solve it in advance ;D
As replied on the above, extensions will probably be ready by then.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Please read here for further clarification: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222153#p811698

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 pm

OK I added some product to basket
I checkout as from Germany Hamburg
I get ONLY 1 Tax showing as PDV 10% in the CART
I do not see 2 taxes in the CART
HOWEVER
On CHECKOUT
I STILL see ONLY1 tax but it is NOW reduzierte USt 7%
You have something configured wrong that's all

ALSO there is SOMETHING WRONG with your SUB TOTAL in checkout - It is INCORRECT

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by marinhio » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 pm
OK I added some product to basket
I checkout as from Germany Hamburg
I get ONLY 1 Tax showing as PDV 10% in the CART
I do not see 2 taxes in the CART
HOWEVER
On CHECKOUT
I STILL see ONLY1 tax but it is NOW reduzierte USt 7%
You have something configured wrong that's all

ALSO there is SOMETHING WRONG with your SUB TOTAL in checkout - It is INCORRECT
thankx for checking it mikeinterserv

works now fine for me ;) :laugh:
at tax rates i put in as first rate the local site Priority 0
than the tax from the customer Priority 1
BOTH must be based on shipping adress
at settings > store > options BOTH must be based on shipping adress

now the shop shows the local tax if not logged in and the right tax for the customer if system knows the country (i.e. guest )

thank you very much for your help :)

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:47 pm

marinhio wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm
mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 pm
OK I added some product to basket
I checkout as from Germany Hamburg
I get ONLY 1 Tax showing as PDV 10% in the CART
I do not see 2 taxes in the CART
HOWEVER
On CHECKOUT
I STILL see ONLY1 tax but it is NOW reduzierte USt 7%
You have something configured wrong that's all

ALSO there is SOMETHING WRONG with your SUB TOTAL in checkout - It is INCORRECT
thankx for checking it mikeinterserv

works now fine for me ;) :laugh:
at tax rates i put in as first rate the local site Priority 0
than the tax from the customer Priority 1
BOTH must be based on shipping adress
at settings > store > options BOTH must be based on shipping adress

now the shop shows the local tax if not logged in and the right tax for the customer if system knows the country (i.e. guest )

thank you very much for your help :)
Well done glad you got it sorted. I knew it must be a minor issue.
I was about to tell you to change the highlighted text of shipping - but you did it OK :-)
Last edited by mikeinterserv on Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 28, 2020 6:55 am
Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 pm

That post would be a great fit in the FAQ.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by marinhio » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:55 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:14 pm
Please read here for further clarification: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222153#p811698
Danke für den Link :crazy:

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar

Post by marinhio » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:01 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 pm
That post would be a great fit in the FAQ.
i agree with you, was google a lot to find the solution
finally solved, i am happy

Greetings Marinhio
---
opencart enthusiast, user and service provider ;D


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Location - Croatia - Zadar
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests