Post by RYoder97 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:04 am

I already contacted my host about this, but has anyone ever experienced this before? I'm afraid someone may have gotten into my OC installation somehow. Literally deleting the modification cache folder breaks my store. I get an error about an undefined Proxy::getProductSpec or a variety of other proxy errors.

Did some digging and found that the files in the modification cache are larger files with more lines of code, meanwhile the core site files that aren't cached have less code and fewer lines. And I mean this as in a significant amount; ex the cache file has 1000+ lines while the non-cached file has 450 lines or so.

I literally have not edited those files to that extent. Tried restoring the filesystem back to a prior point in time. I'm also getting errors about undefined index 'model' all over the place. I haven't edited my site in a couple of weeks now. I'm wondering how someone could have gotten into my system....
Last edited by RYoder97 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by sw!tch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 am

Modification files (storage/modification). , are modified files that OCMOD creates. They will vary in size vs the core file depending on what modifications you have installed.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 pm

RYoder97 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:04 am
I already contacted my host about this, but has anyone ever experienced this before? I'm afraid someone may have gotten into my OC installation somehow. Literally deleting the modification cache folder breaks my store. I get an error about an undefined Proxy::getProductSpec or a variety of other proxy errors.

Did some digging and found that the files in the modification cache are larger files with more lines of code, meanwhile the core site files that aren't cached have less code and fewer lines. And I mean this as in a significant amount; ex the cache file has 1000+ lines while the non-cached file has 450 lines or so.

I literally have not edited those files to that extent. Tried restoring the filesystem back to a prior point in time. I'm also getting errors about undefined index 'model' all over the place. I haven't edited my site in a couple of weeks now. I'm wondering how someone could have gotten into my system....
You're not a developer, stop trying to guess how it all works, and pay a developer from the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by RYoder97 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 pm
RYoder97 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:04 am

You're not a developer, stop trying to guess how it all works, and pay a developer from the Commercial Support Forum.
Gee, what a helpful answer. Good thing I didn't bother humoring you until now. I don't have money to fix every little thing when they don't work, and I'll have you know I have a BS in Web Development and Design. I'm not perfect though, which is why I posted in this forum to begin with.

But yeah. Thanks for your "help".

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 pm

RYoder97 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 am
Gee, what a helpful answer. Good thing I didn't bother humoring you until now. I don't have money to fix every little thing when they don't work, and I'll have you know I have a BS in Web Development and Design. I'm not perfect though, which is why I posted in this forum to begin with.

But yeah. Thanks for your "help".
Whatever your qualifications, the things you're trying tell me that you aren't yet at the level where you can do this yourself, so whether you realise it or not, my advice is helpful and you should take it.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by RYoder97 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:23 pm

So instead of giving me an answer, you simply tell me that I'm not able to fix this myself.

Why would cache not match the files? My OC files were literally missing lines of code. Files that were supposed to be 10KB were 5KB. The site files either got corrupted or messed with by a third party, I copied all the cached files into the main directories, problem was solved. Changed my passwords have not had an issue since. I figured it out on my own.

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:46 pm

RYoder97 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:23 pm
So instead of giving me an answer, you simply tell me that I'm not able to fix this myself.

Why would cache not match the files? My OC files were literally missing lines of code. Files that were supposed to be 10KB were 5KB. The site files either got corrupted or messed with by a third party, I copied all the cached files into the main directories, problem was solved. Changed my passwords have not had an issue since. I figured it out on my own.
Then, this topic was, indeed, about an issue you had to resolve on your own. However, now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON