Post by by mona » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 am

Maybe someone after me will check it, I can’t see anything off hand - except you should credit pprmkr as the author -

try changing the code to something like this - not tested - but I would have done it this way

Code: Select all

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length') . '..',

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by CJC » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:55 am

Yes, that last modification worked. More completely, doing it this way removes the 2 dots as well:

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length'),
And, yes, if I upload this anywhere I will put pprmkr as the author.

Thank You.
by mona wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 am
Maybe someone after me will check it, I can’t see anything off hand - except you should credit pprmkr as the author -

try changing the code to something like this - not tested - but I would have done it this way

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length') . '..',

CJC

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:10 am

CJC wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:55 am
What did ppmakr author then - I see he pointed to the original code.
absolutely no need to credit anyone for that in any way

Location - Wales

Post by pprmkr » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Indeed. I did not author anything.
Only answered the question from TS CJC
Where are those coming from?

Location - Netherlands

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:53 pm

pprmkr wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:34 pm
Indeed. I did not author anything.
Only answered the question from TS CJC
Where are those coming from?
Well there is a certain person on here who fails to read and or comprehend most posts. Why the moderators continue to do nothing is beyond me.
If you want another cracking example for entertainment see here too, another of many
viewtopic.php?f=198&t=222375

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:29 pm

@mikeinterserv,

The point you miss here is that you authored the incorrect code. You underestimate the intelligence in this forum if you think you can hide that with your insults.

I sincerely apologise to pprmkr for that mistake and totally understand why he would not want his name associate with your work. Further, that someone you continue to abuse online had to correct it for you and it was corrected without insults. Thank you would have gotten stuck in your throat I expect.

I do not tolerate abuse or bullying in any form on any platform to anyone. You can excuse your personality in any way you wish, but it is bullying, it is defamation and unfortunately in your case it is also sexist. Refrain. You are incorrect in your assumption that “the boys club” thinks its cool - a couple do, but most don’t and its wonderful to be able to be great next to a great man.

You do not know me, you do not get to judge me and you most certainly do not get to make an empty worthless apology. It came as not surprised you would continue.

Leave me alone and never PM me again.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:47 pm

This is the solution for the post
CJC wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:55 am
Yes, that last modification worked. More completely, doing it this way removes the 2 dots as well:

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length'),

Thank You.
by mona wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 am

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:39 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:29 pm
@mikeinterserv,

The point you miss here is that you authored the incorrect code. You underestimate the intelligence in this forum if you think you can hide that with your insults.

I sincerely apologise to pprmkr for that mistake and totally understand why he would not want his name associate with your work. Further, that someone you continue to abuse online had to correct it for you and it was corrected without insults. Thank you would have gotten stuck in your throat I expect.

I do not tolerate abuse or bullying in any form on any platform to anyone. You can excuse your personality in any way you wish, but it is bullying, it is defamation and unfortunately in your case it is also sexist. Refrain. You are incorrect in your assumption that “the boys club” thinks its cool - a couple do, but most don’t and its wonderful to be able to be great next to a great man.

You do not know me, you do not get to judge me and you most certainly do not get to make an empty worthless apology. It came as not surprised you would continue.

Leave me alone and never PM me again.
There is something wrong with you - :crazy:
I would seek help - because is getting worse

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:46 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Do you genuinely not understand that is personal abuse aka bullying ?

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:50 am

by mona wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:46 am
mikeinterserv wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Whatever you say :clown:
You crave attention like a child

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:57 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:50 am
Whatever you say
You crave attention like a child

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 am

You don't understand anything at all - you just think your better than everyone else - know more than anyone else and are SUPERIOR to the rest of us
Well I have news for you - Your not. and you crave attention like a child hence your repeated posts ad nauseam of utter vitriolic drivel

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:16 am

Fake news aka defamation.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:31 am

Straightlight and switch have both pointed out this is NOT a chat room
Take your mental problems elsewhere

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:02 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:31 am
Straightlight and switch have both pointed out this is NOT a chat room
Take your mental problems elsewhere
Indeed and you do not seem to get the message
and again do you genuinely not understand that is personal abuse aka bullying ?

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:04 am

well then I must repeat
You don't understand anything at all - you just think your better than everyone else - know more than anyone else and are SUPERIOR to the rest of us
Well I have news for you - Your not. and you crave attention like a child hence your repeated posts ad nauseam of utter vitriolic drivel

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:14 am

Fake news aka defamation.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:23 am

OK Donald :crazy:

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:33 am

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:43 am

You have a mental illness - to display it here on OC forum is not only daft but makes it very difficult for people to deal with their OC issues.
You are one of the most pathetic people I have come across in a long while and that's difficult these days.

I had a WARNING - Mona is disliked, you would be better off completely ignoring her. - I shall do exactly that - even though it's difficult because you constantly jump into posts that are usually well in hand by other posters, You just can't help yourself and everybody knows that.

Location - Wales