Post by Phantasia » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi Please bare with me as I am new to this, I have recently had a site built and the original domain name linking the site was changed, so yesterday I created a new property in google analytics for my new domain, I then went into the admin on opencart and updated the tag in my google analytics extension. All done and didn't touch anything else, now my site won't load and I can't even get into the opencart admin panel, it comes up with this error message www.phantasiauk.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

unfortunately the guys who built the site are unavailable until Tuesday and ideally I want my store live, can anyone shed any light on what may have gone on here and how to solve it or is this totally unrelated and could be something else. I am new to opencart and cpanel so any help would be appreciated. Many thanks Lou

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:10 am

OC version, error logs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:17 am

Your hosting company should atleast be able to detect what the error is. It's very likely OC related so don't expect them to fix it but they should be able to find an error message to point you in the right direction. That's what our company would be able to do in this instance when someone is hosting with us.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by thekrotek » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:33 am

Error 500 is a generic error. You need to check the error logs for more info.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member