Post by buluterol » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:36 am

Hi all, i use opencart 3.0.2.0 and i edited my website too much to calculate curtain dimensions. I use fastor theme and if i turn it to default it is being faster. I have too many edits on fastor theme thats why i cannot use any other template. I cannot get support from theme providers cuz i edited it. I tried too many extensions like lightning, nitropack, litespeed i got nothing. I did not edit any core files. Home page opens so fast, information pages opens so fast but category and product pages are too slow.

PS: I installed it to another hosting before and i moved it in to current one. While i was moving it i copied all files and i copied database and after that i moved files to new server, i imported sql db with phpmyadmin. Edited config files and site is on. Maybe this information give some clue.

My website information here:
version: 3.0.2.0
Active extensions:

Formula Backend
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=38

Free Ajax Option Price
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=26328

Product Size Option Extension (I bought from a local company)
It calculates product price by m2.

https://ranperde.com ( Fast )
https://ranperde.com/tul-perdeler (8 seconds TTFB)
https://ranperde.com/tul-perdeler/moder ... k-428.html (7 seconds TTFB)

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:54 pm

You can make a start by compressing many of those jpg images - you have around 26MB on that page alone.
You seem to have a websocket probelem - Tawk.to - wss;// vsa1.tawk.to
The performance is not particularly bad for what you have there.
And you are using cloud flare ?

Location - Wales

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:41 pm

buluterol wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:36 am
I use fastor theme and if i turn it to default it is being faster. I have too many edits on fastor theme thats why i cannot use any other template. I cannot get support from theme providers cuz i edited it.
Then you need to find yourself a reliable developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 am

You are using a non-standard compliant slow web theme (Fastor). There are way too many unnecessary Javascript files, too many images (some of them way too big), you don't need a popup for the measurement option, unnecessary repeated calls to the product/product page during the live Ajax price update. These are just a few of the things to work on.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by buluterol » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:54 pm
You can make a start by compressing many of those jpg images - you have around 26MB on that page alone.
You seem to have a websocket probelem - Tawk.to - wss;// vsa1.tawk.to
The performance is not particularly bad for what you have there.
And you are using cloud flare ?
Yea mike, i tried to enable cloudflare to get rid off TTFB but didnt work.
Do you think tawk.to causing my problem ?
It is a curtain store so we must show all details of curtains with high quality pictures thats why i disabled cache on pictures. If you say that images are causing my problem then we can do something about that.
paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:41 pm
Then you need to find yourself a reliable developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.
I am a web design student right now and opencart helped me a lot so i dont want to hire someone to solve my problems even if it will be free. It is better opportunity to learn how to do it.

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 am
You are using a non-standard compliant slow web theme (Fastor). There are way too many unnecessary Javascript files, too many images (some of them way too big), you don't need a popup for the measurement option, unnecessary repeated calls to the product/product page during the live Ajax price update. These are just a few of the things to work on.
Fastor has too many options for build websites for different stores. Thats why im using it but you are right that it is too slow and have so many unnecessary js files. That popup makes that page more useful and i didnt think that it causing slow loading. On chrome dev tools screen i see document loading is so slow. Does it mean server responding slowly ? Please light me.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:27 pm

Well, it's going have to be a simple process of elimination.

First thing to do, temporarily switch to the default theme to see whether it makes any difference in the page loading time (TTFB).

Also, do the same with your installed extensions: Disable them one by one, and each time test a page loading, to see whether it makes any difference.

As regards the popup for the measurement option: Popups aren't user-friendly, and aren't needed for product options. However, I don't think it causes your slow page load issue.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by buluterol » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:55 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:27 pm
Well, it's going have to be a simple process of elimination.

First thing to do, temporarily switch to the default theme to see whether it makes any difference in the page loading time (TTFB).

Also, do the same with your installed extensions: Disable them one by one, and each time test a page loading, to see whether it makes any difference.

As regards the popup for the measurement option: Popups aren't user-friendly, and aren't needed for product options. However, I don't think it causes your slow page load issue.
Here is a quick reply: default theme is so fast if i switch it.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:04 am

If the default theme is so much faster, then it looks like indeed that the issue is with the Fastor theme, in which case you should get in touch with its author to sort its performance issue. Or use a different and more standard-compliant web theme.

Guru Member

Post by buluterol » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 am

I moved the website to virtual server from shared server now it is faster but still pages are opening 3 seconds (average). I cant switch theme for now cause i had too many edits on it if i switch it all my works will gone. So i decided to make some solutions i just added a loading screen. It displays like 2 seconds and goes to page. Now i will consider about some js files for example echo.js. What does this do ? If i disable it from header what will i lose ?

Post by duiuionut » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Hello! I have the same problme but I see that you fixed it. What you did?