Post by nixks » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:39 am

Hi guys,

I have a weird behavior on this one.

So, I have a product which is duplicate (copied) of another one. Nothing similar between those two products except the options where in some cases there are a lot of options (sizes, colors etc) and is easier to use the copy product rather than spending that much time on adding all those options again per product.

Without being able to replicate the issue or finding an error or warning on the logs (nothing weird or reported in logs), whenever I copy a product with many options, trying to edit the new copied product forwards me to a blank page.

Again, no errors, neither on server side or oc_logs. It may happen in some copied products, it may not. I suppose there must been a specific type of option I am using or is an issue depending on the number of options as I mentioned before only on products with many options entered.

Also, no mods on product entry page, cache cleared, debugging on (no errors there too even when creating a product that afterwards seems buggy). No report of a malfunction in any way and that thing is driving me crazy!

Images placed are also small both in dimensions and file size.

The only thing which I, yet, haven't searched is if there is any conflict based on the charsets? We use Greek language on our eshop and the administrators may have uploaded a file with its name in greek. I don't know if this could be of an issue somehow...

Anyways, I know this is strange behavior so any help appreciated!

Thank you all in advance!

Post by mikeinterserv » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:47 am

There is a very good chance it could be a language/character issue.

Location - Wales

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:44 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:47 am
There is a very good chance it could be a language/character issue.
No I don't think so.

I think it's more likely this: viewtopic.php?t=215477

But it could also be ModSecurity - contact your web host in that case.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by nixks » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Thnx for the replies guys!

Both answers so far don't reflect on the problem since I kinda have already troubleshoot them both.

Through my debugging though I found the following. Whenever I upload an image there is chance the image to get uploaded with a false format.
For example, the image with name shorts(1).jpg can be found on opencart's directory as shorts(1).j pg (see the gap on the file format).

The file on the web server has the correct name as intended and as uploaded. Only in the directory inside opencart the filename changes and that's where also the products keep crashing. Products that have been saved with an image that has been altered seems that can't be open for edit and blanks out.

The question now is why opencart inserts that "space" on the filetype name.

Still looking... Any advice is always welcome.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Check your servers error.log, ask your webhost for the entries for the exact the time blank page error occurred. It's most likely an Internal Server 500, hence the error.log should have more details.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by nixks » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:54 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:23 pm
Check your servers error.log, ask your webhost for the entries for the exact the time blank page error occurred. It's most likely an Internal Server 500, hence the error.log should have more details.
I have total access to everything and as I mentioned before there is no errors on the logs either to the web server or opencart. There is no conflict on creating, duplicating or deleting a product. It only forwards to a blank page when trying to edit one of the products that contains the images with the spaces in the filetype extension.

Post by by mona » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:23 am

The whitespace in the fie name is probably to do with this
viewtopic.php?t=205143

As a side issue - Ideally use _ or - and not ()
Ideally you should avoid using any special characters or spaces in filenames/folders generally
Does not necessarily cause an issue, but it is better to avoid as sometimes it can.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by virtusplus » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:03 am

Hello guys,

i am nixks colleague and we can try to find a solution to this strange problem.
We make some progress here and we found that images are not a problem.
The problem appears only when some product options have "big distance" between them and we try to add additional images.
For example we have 100 sizes from 1 to 100.
if we make a new product with size 1,70 and add main image we save the product and then we can edit as normal.

if we make product with sizes 1,70 and add main image and one or more additional images after we save the product we cant edit and blank page appears

if we make a product with sizes 30, 31,32 or something like 30,35,40 and add one or more additional images we can save and edit product as normal.

Thanks all for your help in advance.