Post by DougJoseph » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:43 am

I'm brand new to OpenCart. In my admin dashboard, after editing to set my time zone (and perhaps some other options on same tab), I am now locked out of my admin dashboard. All help appreciated! :-)

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:07 pm

Still locked out?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by DougJoseph » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:12 am

Hello! No, not still locked out.

I found here in the forum where there is a bug or glitch that if you set the Time Zone in your store settings, it breaks your site as far as admin dashboard is concerned.

I went into PHPmyadmin, found the table named "Setting" — and located the Time Zone data record and deleted "America/New_York" (and just left it blank because I did not know what the default value was — I later found out it was just "UTC"). That got me back into dashboard.

Then I found where a certain PHP file can be edited, to change its hardcoded time zone value to match what I wanted to include in the settings. I located and edited that file, and then re-set the time zone in store settings. All seems to be working now. This seems like a pretty important bug to get fixed. I hope someone is on it.

Post by sw!tch » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:27 am

There is a whole thread on this in the bug report section.

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=222369&start=20#p817086

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!