Post by ArnoKje » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of traffic from Google on one of my manufacturer pages, wich is great. But they aren't buying anything, wich is not so great.

When I analyse Hotjar screen recordings, I see those visitors struggeling to find their product or product category. This specific manufacturer has a lot of products in my store in a lot of different categories. Is there some way to make a nice page with categories (and sub categories), related to the manufacturer?

Post by by mona » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:54 pm

Have you checked the marketplace for something?

My suggestion if you don’t find anything.
Create a category for the manufacturer and have subcategories and sub sub categories for them

For free - you can add all the manufacturers as a top level category
Outside of the scope of free support - you can ask a developer to set this into the manufacturers pages

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:33 pm

ArnoKje wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:40 pm
Is there some way to make a nice page with categories (and sub categories), related to the manufacturer?
Consult with a UX designer.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ArnoKje » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:54 pm
Have you checked the marketplace for something?

My suggestion if you don’t find anything.
Create a category for the manufacturer and have subcategories and sub sub categories for them

For free - you can add all the manufacturers as a top level category
Outside of the scope of free support - you can ask a developer to set this into the manufacturers pages
I did search the marketplace, but didn't find a good mod. Very interested in it.

I see what you mean with categories, but I have (clearly) a good SEO position on some manufacturer names. So people still will land on the wrong page.

What I understand from your reply, it isn't possible right now. When I think of it, it should be simple, to have sort of a brand page.

Post by ArnoKje » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:33 pm
ArnoKje wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:40 pm
Is there some way to make a nice page with categories (and sub categories), related to the manufacturer?
Consult with a UX designer.
Thanks for your reply.
The UX is constant improving, but the real problem is the technical challenge here. I think

Post by cmsroom » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:36 pm

You may like these extension : - https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... r=cmsrooms