Post by sbisel » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am

Getting very frustrated with trying to configure OpenCart.

I have version 3.0.3.7.

I have configured a category ... Let's call it Cat1. I set it as "parent", i.e., didn't put anything in that field. I check "Top" box. It shows on the main menu fine.
I have configured a sub category to the Parent Category, Cat1. Let's call it "Sub1". On the main menu, it shows as a sub category.

So far so good.

Now ... trying to add a product to that sub category. The sub category does not show up in the list when I start to type the category name. I have tried this with existing sample products ... same. But I can add my product to an existing sample category > sub category.

Can anyone explain this?

Steve

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm

More info needed. Using any extensions? Is your storage folder outside of your public_html folder? Have you checked your database tables noticing the change when adding new products? Forum rules.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:49 pm

sbisel wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am
Now ... trying to add a product to that sub category. The sub category does not show up in the list when I start to type the category name. I have tried this with existing sample products ... same. But I can add my product to an existing sample category > sub category.

Can anyone explain this?
Maybe you should use a developer rather than trying to do it all yourself?

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom