Post by webjobs » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:16 am

Before reading this is a very strange issue and doesnt happen at all and requires shootin in the dark and i wnat to hear from as many devs as possible what to try and play with to resolve this

Strange Opencart checkout issues with 3.x - NEVER SEEN This before - shout out to the Opencart GURUS to help !

Our devs have been working with oc for over few years now and never faced an issue we are facing with one of our most important sites
the issue are strange and happens sometimes or always to some users and if not to all, we thought it could be cloudflare but tried to remove cloudflare and test and its the same, we changed servers and its the same from digital ocean to hostek.com to many others and since past 10 days we are suffering with a strange problem so what happens is I log in as a user and my addresses in profile shows in billing and when i click checkout it shows me some other users addresses which are not in my profile in the dropdown and then when i click continue even though i have selected or the checkout has selected by default the addresses of someone else in my profile

The question is how did someone else addresses showing on the checkout screen on my profile?
sometimes

I know this is all related sessions or cookies or cloudflare or C-ray or whatever but its not happening with any other website and every other site is hosted on same servers and same cloudflare settings, the only difference is that this site gets too much traffic like 2000 visitors per hour but at the same time we have same setup running on another server with hostek and it has 10 times more traffic and touch wood no issues ! so this is very strange

Sometimes also when we click on view cart shows few items and when i click to delete it says UNDEFINED SERVER ERROR but this doesn't happen much as much the below screenshots happening ton 99% of the users new or old, even if the user hasn't ever been to the website
see screenshot below
http://prntscr.com/115a53o
http://prntscr.com/115a5se

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Please provide more details, e.g. OC version, extensions installed, web theme, website URL.

In general, yours appears to be a session issue. What's the OC session_engine you use (see system/config/catalog.php) ?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by webjobs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 am

thanks for replying did everything we can to fight this session or cache or whatever, we are using opencart 3.x

Code: Select all

// Session

$_['session_autostart']  = true;

$_['session_engine']     = 'db';

$_['session_name']       = 'OCSESSID';

// Template

$_['template_engine']    = 'twig';

$_['template_directory'] = '';

$_['template_cache']     = true;

// Autoload Libraries

$_['library_autoload']   = array(

'openbay'

);

// Actions

$_['action_pre_action']  = array(

'startup/session',

'startup/startup',

'startup/error',

'startup/event',

'startup/maintenance',

'startup/seo_url'

);

Post by webjobs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 am

oc version 3.0.2
Url will email you
extension installed are just - isenselab abandoned cart and rest is basic opencart
have more than 30 sites using the same theme and base we did the HTML from the XD without using any ready theme or heavy GUI plugins

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 am

webjobs wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 am
oc version 3.0.2
Url will email you
extension installed are just - isenselab abandoned cart and rest is basic opencart
have more than 30 sites using the same theme and base we did the HTML from the XD without using any ready theme or heavy GUI plugins
URL?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON