My first impression is this is a nice clean looking eCommerce solution. I like the ability to update categories and products and hosting the solution on my existing hosting service would save me some money.
Here are some things that I find annoying:
- If you want to really customize the products with extra tabs, placing product documentation for visitor downloads ... that's an extension.
- If you want to customize the theme ... that's an extension.
- If you want to create a static page with a menu link in the top menu ... that's an extension
- If you want to create payment options that are functional ... that's an extension
- If you want to create shipping options that are functional ... that's an extension.
The installation of version 184.108.40.206 is not bug free. For example, if I change the default time zone from UTC, then that locks out the admin user from being able to sign in.
In my case, although the documentation for OC version 220.127.116.11 says PHP 7.3 or higher. It does not work with PHP 7.3. I had to upgrade to PHP 7.4.
There are many cases where the OC application itself or the extensions I have purchased are not all that functional. I question the due diligence of the software programmers.
I am really close to giving up on all this and going to Wix. So far, what I am finding on Wix is a bit less flexibility but things work over there. I don't see a lot of additional cost add-ons (extensions) that you have to purchase to make thing work.
I am just venting here as I have been really disappointed with the practical deployment of OC. I know there are many successful installs, but this experience is really getting me down.