Post by PDPAdmin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:43 am

Hello all,
I am curious if anyone else has faced this issue or if anyone has any suggestions to try. Currently we are using OC 3.0.3.3 and Journal 3 theme, and we are running into the issue where google is reporting "in stock" when that is not necessarily true. We run into many instances where a customer will buy a product because when they searched for it on google, it is listed as in stock, when on our actual site, it is backordered.

Is there a way to remove the "stock status" from google search results? I have tried different stock statuses within OC, setting the price to 0, etc but currently the only solution I have found is to set the quantity in OC to 0, but we do not want to do that, as we have 15000+ products it would be a lot of leg work to change all of those products back and forth as they become available.

I have searched everywhere and have not been able to find a solution. I just want google to not display a stock status! I trust the OC community to be able to help me out!

Thank you

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 am

PDPAdmin wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:43 am
Hello all,
I am curious if anyone else has faced this issue or if anyone has any suggestions to try. Currently we are using OC 3.0.3.3 and Journal 3 theme, and we are running into the issue where google is reporting "in stock" when that is not necessarily true. We run into many instances where a customer will buy a product because when they searched for it on google, it is listed as in stock, when on our actual site, it is backordered.

Is there a way to remove the "stock status" from google search results? I have tried different stock statuses within OC, setting the price to 0, etc but currently the only solution I have found is to set the quantity in OC to 0, but we do not want to do that, as we have 15000+ products it would be a lot of leg work to change all of those products back and forth as they become available.

I have searched everywhere and have not been able to find a solution. I just want google to not display a stock status! I trust the OC community to be able to help me out!

Thank you
Can you post a screenshot of the Google result with the stock status? It seems like you might have to do one of these things listed here:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 1154?hl=en

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Is this also someone from your company?
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=223578&p=819987

If so, please don't double post.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:07 pm

Google Rich Snippets are not part of a standard OpenCart, so you may have to get in with the author of whatever extension you use for it.

Besides, you are not even using a proper web theme, most of your website consists of the Jorunal3 framework, so you should ask the Journal support for help, to find out whether it supports Google Rich Snippets for their framework without the stock status.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by AmishRenegade » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:36 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm
Is this also someone from your company?
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=223578&p=819987

If so, please don't double post.
Yes, but they are in a different country and we didn't even know he made the post, we just asked him to research the issue. Feel free to remove one or the other.