Post by labeshops » Mon May 10, 2021 3:35 am

Okay, this has been driving me nuts for a while and I'm hoping someone can spot the issue.

My 21 stores run on 3.0.3.2 all from the same installation and all stores use the default template (with a few tweaks, again for all stores). For some reason I cannot figure out, one store (add .com) shoeoodles wants to divide the top content area strangely - it's like it is making the first block 2/3 wide, then squeezing next module I add to 1/3 on the right, and then adds others below it normally. This is the ONLY store that behaves this way and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Nothing I have done will fix it and it's annoying the crap out of me.

I have deleted the layout and recreated it from scratch. My other shoe store, mildtowildshoes, does not do this. I even tried to add shoeoodles to it's home page template and it did the same thing - squeezed the banner into the left side, moved latest styles into a 1/3 width column at the right, etc.

I've checked everything I can think of and do not have any custom code set for shoeoodles that would override anything. It uses the same modules as my other stores all pulling from the default template. The featured module is one I only want on shoeoodles but no matter what extension I put there, it foobars the layout and I use the featured module on my other stores with no issue.

I also noticed it is doing weird gaps in the related products on the products pages and don't know why. compare store/black-combat-boots-chains-bolt250 between gothicplus and shoeoodles and scroll down to see what I mean.

Any ideas wth is going on???

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by WXHosting » Mon May 10, 2021 4:58 am

You are indeed correct that you are getting a 66% / 33% split on top module 1 / top module 2, without looking at the layout for the given shop, it's hard to say what setting is incorrect though. Feel free to PM me credentials if you want and I can have a look.

Post by labeshops » Mon May 10, 2021 5:32 am

The layout is identical to my other stores as I said.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by by mona » Mon May 10, 2021 7:52 am

Not according to the webpages you have provided

mildtowildshoes
mod-top-1 - slideshow
mod-top-2 - pull right - latest
mod-top-3 - bestsellers

shoeoodles
mod-top-1 - pull right - latest
mod-top-2 - pull right - featured
mod-top-3 - bestsellers

and this is what is going on
in your stylesheet

Code: Select all

@media (min-width: 768px){
		.shoeoodles .mod-top-1{
    width: 66.66666667%; 
}
		.shoeoodles .mod-top-2{
		   width: 33.33333333%;
		}
remove both of those

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2021-05-10-at-01.01.49.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-05-10-at-01.01.49.jpg (91.05 KiB) Viewed 328 times

Screen-Shot-2021-05-10-at-01.01.06.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-05-10-at-01.01.06.jpg (187.28 KiB) Viewed 328 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member