Post by Psychotune » Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Hey,
i've recently decided to use OpenCart as my store engine - and i'm still a little confused as I have never used any online shopping software. I've got a few questions though:

first, i wanted to let customers access the store (browse products, etc) only after logging in. so non-logged users would just see main page saying something along lines "Please log in to continue" and nothing else, with options to either log in, or register. Is there any option for that? If there is, i can't find it. ???

second one - is there a possibility to make user registrations manually approved by admin? i mean, they can register, but they have to wait until i "approve" their account.

Thank you in advance!

Post by OSWorX » Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 pm

For the 1. question, please seach the OpenCart Marketplace https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... /extension and use "catalog"
2. Question: yes, can be set via the store settings

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Mon May 17, 2021 6:51 pm

Psychotune wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 pm
first, i wanted to let customers access the store (browse products, etc) only after logging in. so non-logged users would just see main page saying something along lines "Please log in to continue" and nothing else, with options to either log in, or register. Is there any option for that? If there is, i can't find it. ???
As above, with an extension. I suggest you read this first: https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-to-f ... xtensions/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom