Post by EDPEPC » Sun May 16, 2021 7:36 am

Hi All
i wonder if there is away to get shipping rate by wight
i know there is a so many topics talking about this but i am looking for something else
for example
from 0 to 5 KG price will be 25$ after that each 1KG will cost 10$
6KG = 35$
7KG = 45$ and so on

is there any idea about that ?

thanks in advance

Post by Johnathan » Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm

The built-in Weight Based Shipping extension can handle this. You have to enter the brackets yourself, but once you do the work you won't have to change it. For example, you'd set up a geo zone in System > Localisation > Geo Zones, and then apply these rates to it:

5:25.00, 6:35.00, 7:45.00, etc.

You don't need a commercial extension if you're willing to set up the brackets yourself. If you don't want to set up the brackets, then yes you'd need a commercial extension if you want the brackets above 5 kg automated.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by EDPEPC » Sun May 16, 2021 8:41 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:34 pm
The built-in Weight Based Shipping extension can handle this. You have to enter the brackets yourself, but once you do the work you won't have to change it. For example, you'd set up a geo zone in System > Localisation > Geo Zones, and then apply these rates to it:

5:25.00, 6:35.00, 7:45.00, etc.

You don't need a commercial extension if you're willing to set up the brackets yourself. If you don't want to set up the brackets, then yes you'd need a commercial extension if you want the brackets above 5 kg automated.
Hi Sir , really thank you so much for the tip ,
i did that but the problem is how to calculate anything over the KG for example
this item is 6.1KG now it should be 45$ not 35$ , i hope you understand my point

thanks in advance

Post by Johnathan » Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

It should work that way. The first number you enter is the upper limit of weight, so if you enter this:

5:25.00

then anything up to 5 kg will be charged $25.00. Anything that is 5.0001 or more will charge the next bracket up. If it's not working that way, double-check your weight class values in System > Localisation > Weight Classes, and make sure your default weight class is what you think it is. Your default should be set to 1.0000, and the other classes set based on the appropriate conversion value.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by EDPEPC » Tue May 18, 2021 4:20 am

Johnathan wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm
It should work that way. The first number you enter is the upper limit of weight, so if you enter this:

5:25.00

then anything up to 5 kg will be charged $25.00. Anything that is 5.0001 or more will charge the next bracket up. If it's not working that way, double-check your weight class values in System > Localisation > Weight Classes, and make sure your default weight class is what you think it is. Your default should be set to 1.0000, and the other classes set based on the appropriate conversion value.
sir
really thank you so much , you are right the problem what with the weight classes
thank you so much all is good now