Post by madmaximus85 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Hello, i have main website example website.com and i need to redirect it to www.website.com (canonical),
but if i do that in config file (setup www.website.com) : my subdomains goes
en.website.com -> www.en.webiste.com

if i setup in config (setup website.com) my pages will redirect to non-canonical https://website.com
but subdomains will be ok (en.website.com)

If i put in htaccess rule
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^website.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) https://www.website.com/$1 [R=301,L]
it gives me TOO MANY REDIRECT ERROR

Which script gives redirect to system 'HTTPS_SERVER'? How can i override this opencart redirection? Or how i can use www.website.com canonical and en.webiste.com subdomain without redirection to www.en.webiste.com >

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed May 26, 2021 9:42 pm

madmaximus85 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 pm
Hello, i have main website example website.com and i need to redirect it to www.website.com (canonical),
but if i do that in config file (setup www.website.com) : my subdomains goes
en.website.com -> www.en.webiste.com

Which script gives redirect to system 'HTTPS_SERVER'? How can i override this opencart redirection? Or how i can use www.website.com canonical and en.webiste.com subdomain without redirection to www.en.webiste.com >
I think your hosting tech support can help you with that. There's a cPanel configuration to do that without touching any .htaccess or changing subdomains.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon May 31, 2021 12:50 pm

Are both of your config.php files correct and are there any other rewrite rules in your .htaccess file?

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA