Post by ronatuff » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:34 am

OC version: TBD
Theme: TBD
Extensions: TBD

I am considering using OpenCart for event admissions. The easy part is that each type of admission can be it's own product. Of course, things get less simple. Admissions need to be treated like personalized merchandise - but the personalization needs to be manditory. When multiples of the same type of admission are purchased, each needs to be individually personalized. Example, 2 "standard admissions": 1 for Wanda and 1 for Vision.

The "Exhibitor" admission is more complex. Exhibitors are organizations, possibly businesses. Each exhibitor needs to list staff (minimum 1, max 4, with an extra charge for each staffer beyond the first)

I am studying the documentation and "The Definitive Guide to Getting Started with OpenCart" book from iSense, through Chapter 4 (Catalog), but it's not clear how options are assigned to specific products.

Are my expectations reasonable, or should I find another application?

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Buying tickets through OpenCart should work fine with customisation.

If you're not confident with it you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom